Thread: VERONICA MARS Movie (Kickstarter)

VERONICA MARS Movie (Kickstarter)

Anyone remember and/or a fan of this show? Personally, I LOVED it, and like so many others, knew it was far too good to get canceled after only 3 seasons.

Well, they finally have decided to do a reunion of sorts, movie, and in their case, set up a Kickstarter campaign for it. Their goal is $2 Million, and well, after less than a day, they are already at $1.94 LOL. The video there talks about it becoming the largest Kickstarter campaign ever, and it very well may become that given how fast and rapid they already have.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-movie-project

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    I was aware of the series and saw a few episodes. I can no longer remember what it was about. I would suspect it was not popular enough to launch a movie about. But the kickstarter has already proven me wrong. Who can guess what will sell these days? We can only be sure that no one in Hollywood has an original idea for a movie anymore.

In a weird coincidence, as I was typing the word "Hollywood," it was being sung by Ian Anderson on "Hymn 43" on my stereo.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

I always thought she was doable.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

43K Backers
    $2.6 Million already.

Before it ends, they may end up with 5, 10 even 20 million.