Thread: Remembering Peter Banks

Remembering Peter Banks

thecrossovermusicchannel.com

aviewfromthemiddleclass.com

He was only 65. bummer...

God bless him... enjoyed his music for many a year.... the first FLASH album is one of my classics.

JK

Did he actually play on Lionel's 'Hello' .....does he mention it in his bio ?

This saddens me so.

This has been posted on facebook:

Nic Caciappo

Friends of Yes & in particular Peter Banks. It has been since last Thursday Mar 7 that Peter passed away. He found at his home on Fri Mar 8. His body is still in the morgue and not being claimed because he has no family, and only an ex-wife who doesn't wish to assist. He may be cremated by the morgue and his belongings taken into custody by authorities. His ex needs to at least to tell the morgue that his friend(s) can take over. Then, they will want fees for cremation and delivery of his remains. Peter's belongings are still safe. But, there will be a need to sort this out with helping hands. I may even have to go to London. There is now a PayPal account set up to donate, which is connected to Pete's friend of 40+ years, George Mizer. I stand by George, he is a good friend. The PayPal account is: themiz@peterbanks.net and ready to accept any donation amount. The expenses that will need to be covered are cremation, urn, travel from USA to London, other fees and expenses regarding Peter's belongings which could be auctioned to help pay for this as well. Again, the account is themiz@peterbanks.net.

Quote Originally Posted by daddysangbassdude View Post
    Thank you, that was very nice of you!

This interview with Peter about the early days of Yes & the Marquee Club in London are required reading. He recalls early encounters with Jimi Hendrix and Robert Fripp, it is quite a stroll through the history of prog... Enjoy!

http://www.themarqueeclub.net/interview-peter-banks-yes