Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Queensryche Due April 23rd

Quote Originally Posted by Wisdomview View Post
    Haha..... the drama keeps getting better. http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.asp...sitemID=187040
    Looks like both Queensryches are taking the low road now, with this stunt. Surely Drover wouldnt have been invited to play if he hadnt been (briefly) in the other Queensryche.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasKDye View Post
    This is the worst hidden message since "For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge."

Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Quote Originally Posted by prognoir View Post
    im not buying after dick he portrayed of himself last year i dont support assholes

Well, there's two sides to every story. Apparently his bandmates are assholes too.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Mod or rocker? Mocker. Frumious B's Avatar
    Somewhere Chris "I'm the guy from QR who was actually worth a damn and I'm not in either of these bands." DeGarmo is soiling himself with laughter. These territorial pissings over band names and music that haven't meant Jacques Merde for decades are always good for a chuckle.
    "It was a cruel song, but fair."-Roger Waters

Pissings over a band that hasn't done anything worth a crap in ~20 years. Cool. This is almost as exciting as Stone Temple Pilots firing Weiland (who haven't done anything worth a crap in .. forever).
    flute juice

Quote Originally Posted by arise_shine View Post
    Pissings over a band that hasn't done anything worth a crap in ~20 years. Cool. This is almost as exciting as Stone Temple Pilots firing Weiland (who haven't done anything worth a crap in .. forever).
    The argument is that QR "haven't done anything worth a crap" since Tate took artistic control.

We'll see how that bears out with the two separate albums coming out withing months of each other.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Going to see the "band " version tomorrow night in New Jersey, looking foward to it. In addition to all of the circulating stories, I have met the band several times in meet n greets and Tate has always been standoffish, to say the least.

Here's a teaser of the new material from the "band" version

^amazing how that new guy sounds almost exactly like Tate.
    "She said you are the air I breathe
    The life I love, the dream I weave."

Unevensong - Camel

The 'Queensyche not featuring Geoff Tate' teaser sounds good.

"Queensryche featuring NOT [expletive] GEOFF TATE"
    flute juice

Banned
    Apparently, the judge is letting the fans decide which version gets to keep the name. Judging the song titles on FU, this fan picks the real Queensryche. I like Dedicated To Chaos, but these songs(from the titles) sound like DTC leftovers.

Queensryche have added a bunch more tour dates for their 25th Anniversary Operation:Mindcrime Tour, with a band called The Voodoos opening : http://www.queensryche.com/tour/

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    Queensryche have added a bunch more tour dates for their 25th Anniversary Operation:Mindcrime Tour, with a band called The Voodoos opening : http://www.queensryche.com/tour/
    Excuse me, you're on the wrong thread. This is a thread for the real Queensryche. There actually is a thread for the 25th anniversary Mindcrime tour featuring Mr. Tate's fake hair metal 'Ryche.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    Excuse me, you're on the wrong thread. This is a thread for the real Queensryche. There actually is a thread for the 25th anniversary Mindcrime tour featuring Mr. Tate's fake hair metal 'Ryche.
    Ooops, it appears that I was on the wrong thread. Sorry. The title of this thread should read new album by Geoff Tate's Queensryche due April 23rd.

I still say the only real Queensryche is the one with Chris DeGarmo so both these bands are pissing air. Anyway, Billy Sherwood reports on Facebook that he has been contacted to remix the new Queensryche, but doesn't specify which band. Since Tate's band is on Cleopatra, the other band is on Century Media and Sherwood has done a lot of work with Cleopatra I would assume he means he is mixing the Tate album. That means it is F.U. with B.S..

Quote Originally Posted by Frumious B View Post
    Anyway, Billy Sherwood reports on Facebook that he has been contacted to remix the new Queensryche, but doesn't specify which band. Since Tate's band is on Cleopatra, the other band is on Century Media and Sherwood has done a lot of work with Cleopatra I would assume he means he is mixing the Tate album.
    It was confirmed today on blabbermouth.net - Billy is mixing the Queensryche (the band with Tate, Sarzo, Wright, etc) new record. Blabbermouth also mentioned ""Frequency Unknown" was previously scheduled for release on April 23..." but does not mention any different release date.

They really need to stop calling that "act" Queensryche.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    It was confirmed today on blabbermouth.net - Billy is mixing the Queensryche (the band with Tate, Sarzo, Wright, etc) new record. Blabbermouth also mentioned ""Frequency Unknown" was previously scheduled for release on April 23..." but does not mention any different release date.
    Oh, Lord, I'm gonna get reamed for this statement, but... if you need BILLY SHERWOOD to rescue your album, you're hosed.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    They really need to stop calling that "act" Queensryche.
    Which act?

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasKDye View Post
    Oh, Lord, I'm gonna get reamed for this statement, but... if you need BILLY SHERWOOD to rescue your album, you're hosed.
    Why would you say that?

Which act?
    Tate's solo project.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Tate's solo project.
    True. Maybe the true QR fans will be wise and not buy Tate's Fakeryche record, forcing the judge to rule in favor of the real 'Ryche.

Why would you say that?
    Because Sherwood may be a talented multi-instrumentalist (there, got that out of the way), but production-wise (as well as songwriting-wise, which doesn't apply here) he imbues every song he touches with an insane averageness. Sherwood's production is all about mediocre, though adequate, polish. He's hardly the one I'd go to to make an album that's already "good" better. In other words, you need Sherwood just to get the album to a releasably average state.

This is all just my opinion, etc. etc.

True. Maybe the true QR fans will be wise and not buy Tate's Fakeryche record, forcing the judge to rule in favor of the real 'Ryche.
    I just looked at the writing credits for Mindcrime and Empire on Wikipedia and they break down like this:

Mindcrime-15 tracks:

Tate 12
    DeGarmo 9
    Wilton 7
    Rockenfield 1

Empire-11 tracks:

DeGarmo 9
    Tate 8
    Wilton 5
    Rockenfield 1

So for the two albums that sell the overwhelming bulk of "Queensryche" concert tickets you've got 20 in Tate's band compared to 14 in the other band. Of course DeGarmo has 18 writing credits between those two albums. It really seems to me that both bands are totally deserving of the "Fakeryche" designation.

Quote Originally Posted by Frumious B View Post
    I just looked at the writing credits for Mindcrime and Empire on Wikipedia and they break down like this:

Mindcrime-15 tracks:

Tate 12
    DeGarmo 9
    Wilton 7
    Rockenfield 1

Empire-11 tracks:

DeGarmo 9
    Tate 8
    Wilton 5
    Rockenfield 1

So for the two albums that sell the overwhelming bulk of "Queensryche" concert tickets you've got 20 in Tate's band compared to 14 in the other band. Of course DeGarmo has 18 writing credits between those two albums. It really seems to me that both bands are totally deserving of the "Fakeryche" designation.

Tate only rights lyrics, not music. Apparently some guy named Jason Slater, their producer for the last few crappy albums has written the bulk of the material with Tate these last few years.