Thread: Ian Anderson talks Martin Barre, ex-bandmates, current tour & future in new interview

Ian Anderson talks Martin Barre, ex-bandmates, current tour & future in new interview

I thought this was a pretty interesting and entertaining new interview with Ian:

http://www.theaquarian.com/2012/11/0...f-jethro-tull/

Good one, thanks for posting it!

I liked the sound of this too:

one of the last conversations I had with Martin, I was talking to him of doing a little acoustic outing with just the two of us! We’ve never done that before.
    Fast it fled me, fast I followed, through song and dream where it came at last, to the secret grove where angels talk... those careless ones, they saw me not. - GH

An short but excellent interview with one of my favorite musicians that, if taken at face value and I choose to do so, should hopefully clear the air about this supposed "feud" between him and Martin, another of my favorite musicians.

I've already gone one record stating that it did not bother me that Martin was not involved on this current TAAB 1 & 2 tour, especially since Martin was not employed on the studio version of TAAB 2 but I wish that he had used his time better than to IMO tarnish his reputation by touring with his own band and performing JT songs with that horrendous hack that was impersonating a professional singer. He should have known better and I'm figuring that this tour hasn't reached here to the USA because he knows that it would fail with a resounding thud.

That being said, and after seeing IMHO the successful TAAB 1 & 2 tour, I'm extremely hopeful that Ian and Martin do team up for an acoustic tour. As much as I've criticized Ian for continuing to tour with his "diminished" vocal abilities I want to support the man that has bought me so much joy with his music, an integral part of the musical fabric of my life and I absolutely love the acoustic side of Tull as much as I do the electric side and I would go and see the two of them side by side. Yes, as they should be. But not necessarily always. As Ian stated.

Peace,
    Alex

An acoustic duo with Ian and Martin would be great. I really love the acoustic stuff. I think Ian's voice would hold up much better in that situation. Plus there would be stories between the songs that would no doubt have everyone in stitches.
    It would be so much easier, physically, on both of them.
    If they had a pianist with them, that would cover a whole lot more bases, and still be much easier than doing an electric thing.
    I'm psyching myself up!
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Quote Originally Posted by ajcmixer View Post
    An short but excellent interview with one of my favorite musicians that, if taken at face value and I choose to do so, should hopefully clear the air about this supposed "feud" between him and Martin, another of my favorite musicians.

I've already gone one record stating that it did not bother me that Martin was not involved on this current TAAB 1 & 2 tour, especially since Martin was not employed on the studio version of TAAB 2 but I wish that he had used his time better than to IMO tarnish his reputation by touring with his own band and performing JT songs with that horrendous hack that was impersonating a professional singer. He should have known better and I'm figuring that this tour hasn't reached here to the USA because he knows that it would fail with a resounding thud.

That being said, and after seeing IMHO the successful TAAB 1 & 2 tour, I'm extremely hopeful that Ian and Martin do team up for an acoustic tour. As much as I've criticized Ian for continuing to tour with his "diminished" vocal abilities I want to support the man that has bought me so much joy with his music, an integral part of the musical fabric of my life and I absolutely love the acoustic side of Tull as much as I do the electric side and I would go and see the two of them side by side. Yes, as they should be. But not necessarily always. As Ian stated.

Peace,
    Alex
    Hilarious Alex, Martin is an awesome guitarist, and the fact that you mentioned Martin's singer as a hack, I was talking to a friend of mine about Yes and their post Anderson singers. No matter how much these can TRY to sound like Jon, it's not the same...
    Be a loyal plastic robot for a world that doesn't care... Frank Zappa