Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

Started in on Season 2 over the weekend. Once again the BluRays looks and sound amazing! The storyline is getting more interesting as well, with the introduction of Stannis, Melisandre, Davos... I'll try to make it last, watching no more than 2 or 3 episodes per week... I'll try...
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Warning, Season 2 spoilers if you haven't caught up. And uh, don't watch this while consuming a beverage to avoid the dreaded monitor spray.

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

And we're off and running. Slate has a headline "Margaery Tyrell is the Princess Di of Westeros", which made me chuckle. But one thing is certain, the Tyrells are ready to play the game.

Poor Sam. YOU HAD ONE JOB!
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

If poor Sam did anything but shit himself when all those white walkers cruised past and the last one almost had him for dinner, I'd be shocked. Certainly not the most graceful character. Will he end up saving the day?? I didn't read the books so I don't know his fate. You can only luck out for so long, especially in that universe!

Yeah, I agree the Tyrells know how to play with the big dogs. Margaery is digging deep into Cersei's favor.

...and that nice piece of pie Bron had to leave on the table to go see Tyrion....or did he???
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

I'll say this, Sam is on an interesting journey. But then so is every other character that manages to stay alive.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I spent the whole episode going, "who is that?", "didn't they die in the last season?", "I thought they were working with...?"
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I'd like to see other fantasy novels treated in this fashion. I vote LoTR. We want Bombadill!

They left out Strong Belwas!!!!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

Yeah, where was Belwas?

They also immediately disclosed the identity of her savior in the marketplace as the ex-captain of the KingsGuard, thereby eliminating his "deception"/"lie" to her and thereby also eliminating how he redeems himself in her eyes in the future (trying not to give too much away to those who didn't read the books).
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    They also immediately disclosed the identity of her savior in the marketplace as the ex-captain of the KingsGuard, thereby eliminating his "deception"/"lie" to her and thereby also eliminating how he redeems himself in her eyes in the future (trying not to give too much away to those who didn't read the books).
    I assume this was due to the fact that the audience would recognize him since the actor is the same.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

We might need a separate thread or group for those of us who have read the books just so we don't kill ourselves trying to stifle spoilers. You know, like the ___ __________, or _______ killing ________ . You know, stuff like that.

PE Member Since 4/9/2002 NeonKnight's Avatar
    The forecast is?

Off to a good start, and we did not even get to see Bran or Arya yet.

Hmm, several things quite different then the book already:

Jon's meeting with Mance and his explanation for leaving the Wall was better in the book.

No Strong Belwas! (although I suppose he could show up later.)

The Selmy Dany scene is different also and I think he ID's himself later...

Robb at Harrenhal?

Just select to see the spoiler text. No reason for another thread BTW, if we all simply use white text.

But I don't mind all that much since it is a given that the series has to be different for many reasons. Tyrion's scenes with Cersei and Tywin scenes were fantastic, but Tyrion always steals the show doesn't he?
    “Where words fail, music speaks.” - Hans Christian Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    Off to a good start, and we did not even get to see Bran or Arya yet.
    Or Theon!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

In the books, we don't see Theon again until the fifth book (which would be season five or six). But from what I have read, they have George's blessing to go into what's happening with him. And gods, it's not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    In the books, we don't see Theon again until the fifth book (which would be season five or six). But from what I have read, they have George's blessing to go into what's happening with him. And gods, it's not good.
    You know what, I totally forgot that he dropped out of the picture. I really need to read that fifth book. It's the strangest thing - I read the first four in a row once the first season had aired. Then I bought book five the day it was released - and never read it. I gotta get to that!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Yep. What happens to Theon positively reeks.
    I think the subtext is rapidly becoming text.

That weather map is pretty funny..but they should replace the clouds with zombies.

just sayin'....

Quote Originally Posted by MissKittysMom View Post
    Yep. What happens to Theon positively reeks.
    Well played!

Seven Hells Yeah! An excellent mashup, indeed.

Quarkspace on Facebook
    Church of Hed on Facebook
    TabMuse -- an online resource dedicated to iOS, Android, hardware, and desktop music apps and synths
    Church of Hed/Quarkspace on Bandcamp
    The QuarkspaceHed YouTube Channel

NSFW, really, or for family reading...but very funny!

http://www.theonion.com/articles/gam...haracte,31882/

My god, who is that actress playing the girl that captured Jon Snow? I think she's incredibly sexy.

This poor dumb American could just listen to her say "Jon Snow" all day. What is the origin of her accent; is it Scottish?

Quote Originally Posted by headcrash View Post
    My god, who is that actress playing the girl that captured Jon Snow? I think she's incredibly sexy.

This poor dumb American could just listen to her say "Jon Snow" all day. What is the origin of her accent; is it Scottish?
    Ygritte is played by Rose Leslie, who is definitely English, although she may play around a bit with the accent on the show. She was also Gwen in the first season of Downton Abbey, a show that has shared several actors with Game Of Thrones.

Do a Youtube search for Rose Leslie and I'm sure you'll hear her normal speaking voice.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by headcrash View Post
    I know, if I was Jon Snow I would have slept with (and probably been killed by) her in an instant!

BTW, anyone else recognize the kid from the movie "Love, Actually" as the boy (now a teenager) who meets Bran and tells him he's a Warg or whatever?

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by izz_brian View Post
    NSFW, really, or for family reading...but very funny!

http://www.theonion.com/articles/gam...haracte,31882/
    LOL