Thread: Rustin Man (AKA Paul Webb) >> ex- Talk Talk, new album

Rustin Man (AKA Paul Webb) >> ex- Talk Talk, new album

For those who loved his collab with Beth Gibbons called Out Of Season, Rustin Man is back, but it doesn't sound anything like that album.

However, there is a bit of Robert Wyatt into his new album called Drift Code

BTW, it's an odd coincidence that this album came out a few days before Mark Hollis' disappearance.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from heroin-addicts to crazy ones

Yes, a good album - and totally agree with the Wyatt colour.

BTW, Beth Gibbons latest project (well.... from 2014, actually, but released just recently) is a Gorecki project with Penderecki

Maybe this was too grand for her. Best forgotten; IMHO/
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from heroin-addicts to crazy ones

Out Of Season has held my interest ever since release, it’s a stunning album.

I do quite like Drift Code, although it isn’t anything like the former, where Beth Gibbons added a certain other quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight Caller View Post
    Out Of Season has held my interest ever since release, it’s a stunning album.

I do quite like Drift Code, although it isn’t anything like the former, where Beth Gibbons added a certain other quality.
    Actually, I consider Out Of Season close to a Portishead album

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    Actually, I consider Out Of Season close to a Portishead album
    That is probably why it resonates so well with me, Portishead's output is somewhat close to perfection.