Thread: Geddy Lee joins Claypool Lennon Delirium on stage in Toronto

Geddy Lee joins Claypool Lennon Delirium on stage in Toronto

https://www.jambase.com/article/rush...-toronto-video

Rush bassist made a rare on-stage appearance Wednesday when he sat-in with The Claypool Lennon Delirium featuring Les Claypool and Sean Lennon. Lee’s guest spot took place at the Danforth Music Hall in Toronto.

Last night’s show was The Claypool Lennon Delirium’s first stop on a spring tour that ends on May 2 in support of the recently released South Of Reality. Geddy emerged at the end of a 13-song main set for a cover of the Beatles’ “Tommorow Never Knows.” The Rock & Roll Hall Of Famer stepped onto the stage shortly after The Claypool Lennon Delirium began the song from the Fab Four’s 1966 album Revolver and went on to engage Les in double bass action for most of the jammed-out “Tomorrow Never Knows.” Claypool left the stage towards the end of the cover to allow Geddy a chance to shine. Lee’s friendship with Claypool dates back to a period in the ’90s when Les’ band, Primus opened for Rush.

The Claypool Lennon Delirium went heavy on the covers as they also fit songs by Pink Floyd, King Crimson and The Who into a set that featured two tunes off South Of Reality and four from their 2016 debut LP, Monolith Of Phobos. Wednesday’s concert came to a close with a “Southbound Pachyderm” encore. Watch fan-shot video of Geddy Lee joining The Claypool Lennon Delirium for “Tomorrow Never Knows” captured by TimmyB707:

Two boys have been found rubbing linseed oil into the school cormorant.

I love seeing Geddy with that Pachyderm bass strapped on, I always thought that bass looked like a Ric if it were designed by the Flintstones. Whatever the case that's a mighty cool confluence of people and music.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post

I love the idea of Geddy jamming and improvising, but Jack Bruce he is not.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

"Last night was a pinnacle moment for this Ol’ Colonel’s career. My dear friend and childhood superhero Geddy Lee decided to join The Delirium onstage in Toronto for our rendition of Sean’s Dad’s, "Tomorrow Never Knows".

As Geddy slinked out of the shadows with my Pachyderm bass in his mighty grips, the crowd slowly swelled to a frenzy of recognition. The energy and excitement was so palatable that it brought a joyful tear to my eye. Like Joe DiMaggio stepping back up to the plate, Geddy proceeded to show us all why he is one of the greatest to ever wield a four string piece of furniture. It was pure magic and I imagine I'll feel the tingle on the back of my neck for some time.

Alas, our recording equipment went on the fritz so it will only live in our minds...and on the handful of cellphones that were fortunate enough to capture the glory. Good times.

- Les Claypool"
    Two boys have been found rubbing linseed oil into the school cormorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post

Rush bassist made a rare on-stage appearance Wednesday when he sat-in with The Claypool Lennon Delirium featuring Les Claypool and Sean Lennon.
    What's he thinking? Geddy should be saving his energy for the next Rush album and tour!

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yamishogun View Post
    What's he thinking? Geddy should be saving his energy for the next Rush album and tour!
    You need to come to grips that this will never happen.
    Chad

Man, I bet Les was in heaven! Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Nearfest2 View Post
    You need to come to grips that this will never happen.
    Debbie Downer!

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dgtlman View Post
    Debbie Downer!
    Ricky Realistic
    Chad

Quote Originally Posted by Nearfest2 View Post
    Ricky Realistic
    Curse the realists!

(But mark my words, Geddy and Alex will create new music again!)

Man Sean can really play. He has great tone.

I'd love to see this band.

Oh yeah, Geddy...
    The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone.

The idiot who took the video totally ignored Sean during that psychedelic solo. Who knew? I didn't know he even played guitar.

When your dad was a Beatle and not even Les Claypool AND Geddy Lee, TOGETHER, ON STAGE, can make you any interesting.

Not to take anything away form the others, but, Sean was the most interesting part of that performance, by far.
    The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Not to take anything away form the others, but, Sean was the most interesting part of that performance, by far.
    Lotta people out there have it in for Sean (not as many people as have it in for Yoko, but still...) I've encountered this a lot.

I like Sean- I think he's a pretty creative musician (all the way back to Cibo Matto). And he is an enormous Naked City fan so I have to give him some points there as well...

Quote Originally Posted by SunshipVoyager1976 View Post
    Lotta people out there have it in for Sean (not as many people as have it in for Yoko, but still...) I've encountered this a lot.

I like Sean- I think he's a pretty creative musician (all the way back to Cibo Matto). And he is an enormous Naked City fan so I have to give him some points there as well...
    Interesting. Not sure I've seen nor heard much animosity about him. I know he would get perpetually annoyed when people chose to ask him more about his dad than what he was doing. I do think he's come to terms with it. And I can see how that might rub some people the wrong way, although unfairly IMHO.

I stumbled upon this vid of the CLD at a festival back in 2017. About halfway though they cover "In the Court of the Crimson King" (pretty badly out of tune.) The audience looks like mostly college kids, so maybe the Vicar is right that the time has come for KC to be playing big festivals!

I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Loving the latest album... One of the best for 2019 so far...