Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Last Great Traffic Jam

Quote Originally Posted by pb2015 View Post
    He didn't play when Jim Gordon and Roger Hawkins were around (I guess in those days you would have needed to be a very confident drummer to ask either of them to step aside). At the 90's show he drummed most of the set and sounded good.
    Well, yeah, but I find it interesting that the drummer gets reduced to being a tambourine player, to accommodate the backup musicians. But I suppose it would be kinda ridiculous to expect someone like Gordon or Hawkwins to go on tour, just to play on the one or two songs that Capaldi sang on. And with Rebop Kwaku Baah on board, that pretty much took care of the ancillary percussion requirements. So it would seem Capaldi was effectively demoted to being a backing musician, except for the songs where he sang lead vocal (and I believe there's only two of them during that era).

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    So it would seem Capaldi was effectively demoted to being a backing musician, except for the songs where he sang lead vocal.
    I kind of got the sense that Capaldi just wanted to be up front with Winwood as a sort of co-front man. Even if that meant he wasn't really contributing to the instrumental performances.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

jazz fusion, 80s, synth tommy_n_chucky's Avatar

Deus Ex Machina - "De Republica" (1992) ~Dittatura della Mediocrità

Time for a Commercial Break!!

from "De Republica" (1992)
    video: excerpt from 'Organism' by Hilary Harris (1975)

Do you have "brave" ears? Do you like your progressive rock to be challenging? Have you ever wished that the efforts of artists like Zappa, Gentle Giant and Echolyn were just a tad less staid and predictable? Do you often find yourself enjoying "difficult" music that sends your mate, family, and/or pet howling from the room? Does the idea of an Italian prog band who dramatically deliver their vocals in Latin, and play uncompromisingly eclectic, avant-garde music which draws heavily upon jazz fusion elements intrigue you? ~ review by Peter

Line-up / Musicians

* Mauro Collina ~ guitars
    * Marco Matteuzzi ~ drums
    * Alessandro Porreca ~ bass
    * Alessandro Bonetti ~ violin
    * Luigi Ricciadello ~ keyboards
    * Alberto Piras ~ vocals
    References:

Deus Ex Machina - Dittatura della Mediocrità
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBS7L8Al_Yc

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=256
    ღ•。* ♥✰˚★* your Ctrl-V Whore brought to you by Clipmate ღ•。* ♥✰˚★* 。ღ
    °º¤ø,¸♫♪♫♪¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø♫♪♫♪ ~ Choose Reality ~ °º¤ø,¸♫♪♫♪¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø♫♪♫♪

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    I kind of got the sense that Capaldi just wanted to be up front with Winwood as a sort of co-front man. Even if that meant he wasn't really contributing to the instrumental performances.
    And yet, he really only sang, I believe, two songs. But yeah, I suppose I could see the point that he probably wanted to be a front man, as it were.