Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: NJ Proghouse 20th-anniversary Hootenanny (June 15-16, 2019)

NJ Proghouse 20th-anniversary Hootenanny (June 15-16, 2019)

Greetings,

We've just announced a special one-off NJ Proghouse festival to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the series. It's scheduled to take place during the weekend of June 15-16 (2019) and tickets should be going on sale April 1st.

Saturday, June 15th

• Advent
    • Randy McStine
    • The Tea Club
    • Brett Kull & Ray Weston (of echolyn)
    • Nick D’Virgilio
    • Rikard Sjöblom's Gungfly

Sunday, June 16th

• Tammy Scheffer
    • No More Pain
    • IZZ
    • The Devil’s Staircase

To keep abreast of developing details and to purchase tickets (once they're on sale), please visit:

http://www.njproghouse.com/

UPDATE: Tickets now on sale here

Thanks and very much hope to see you there,

Alan
    Last edited by AdventAlan; 04-01-2019 at 06:52 PM.

Looks like a great lineup. Is Mattias Olsson of Anglagard in the Devil's Staircase?

Would love to attend. Haven't been down since the Martino/Hahn stick show in 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Wah3 View Post
    Looks like a great lineup. Is Mattias Olsson of Anglagard in the Devil's Staircase?
    Thanks! Yes, Mattias is in Devil's Staircase, along with Ramsés Luna (of Cabezas de Cera and Luz de Riada fame) and a few other members that include Luis Nasser.

Cheers,

Alan

Sounds great! We'll be there. Is Sunday going to end early? Drive back to Baltimore afterward.
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Cool lineup and Advent too! Sounds like a great weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would love to be there ... not happening though

It was great to be a part of it when Jim had started the early shows going. I may be mixing up something here, but still remember the Tavern show (Nepenthe?), then some other club shows (Par Lindh, Mastermind), bigger venues (Flower Kings, Happy the Man, The Musical Box), and then the proper ProgHouse and the likes of Frogg Cafe or Acoustic Strawbs ... these were the days. Good to see it is still going strong
    "Confusion Will Be My Epitaph"

Where is this being held (please not Roxy and Duke's)?

Quote Originally Posted by PixelDelirium View Post
    Where is this being held (please not Roxy and Duke's)?
    Hi. Our event will be held at Roxy & Dukes Roadhouse (our home for nearly seven years now and where both our previous festivals took place). It seems like no venue is ideal for everyone, but we've done very well there and it seems like the vast majority of attendees and artists really enjoy the place. I hope you'll join us as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AdventAlan View Post
    Hi. Our event will be held at Roxy & Dukes Roadhouse (our home for nearly seven years now and where both our previous festivals took place). It seems like no venue is ideal for everyone, but we've done very well there and it seems like the vast majority of attendees and artists really enjoy the place. I hope you'll join us as well.
    I really like Roxy & Dukes..it's an ideal place for small prog festivals with it's table type seating and easy access bar. Only negative for me has been the sound quality. Just wish they would get up to date in that area. I's been 4 or 5 years since I've been there, so maybe it's been upgraded now.
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Quote Originally Posted by adap2it View Post
    I really like Roxy & Dukes..it's an ideal place for small prog festivals with it's table type seating and easy access bar. Only negative for me has been the sound quality. Just wish they would get up to date in that area. I's been 4 or 5 years since I've been there, so maybe it's been upgraded now.
    ok, so this is going to sound odd...but i think the sound quality is best in the rest rooms.
    not kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by kenschwartz View Post
    ok, so this is going to sound odd...but i think the sound quality is best in the rest rooms.
    not kidding.
    You could be right...maybe it's the room and not the system.
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

I will be there!!! So glad this is happening.

are separate tickets going to be available for each day? i hope to be able to make it, but not sure if i can do the entire weekend.

ken

Quote Originally Posted by kenschwartz View Post
    are separate tickets going to be available for each day? i hope to be able to make it, but not sure if i can do the entire weekend.

ken
    If history serves as a guide? Yes.

As long as there's enough seats/tables for the size crowd. It's a little tricky seating in there. The sound has been pretty good the last few times we were there (last couple years).
    We had a blast at the last homecoming.
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Giant View Post
    As long as there's enough seats/tables for the size crowd. It's a little tricky seating in there.
    Yes, in my only visit, I had a great time and loved the venue, but it was jam-packed for Anglagard and very difficult to find a seat, since we were unable to get there very early. Sound seemed quite good, though.

Neil

**No More Pain replaces Schooltree**

Updated Info: The NJ Proghouse 20th Anniversary Hootenanny

When:Saturday, June 15-Sunday, June 16, 2019

Where: Roxy & Dukes Roadhouse
    745 Bound Brook Rd, Dunellen, NJ 08812

Saturday, June 15

Advent
    Randy McStine
    The Tea Club
    Brett Kull & Ray Weston of Echolyn
    Nick D’Virgilio
    Rikard Sjöblom's Gungfly

Sunday, June 16

Tammy Scheffer
    No More Pain
    IZZ
    The Devil’s Staircase

Tickets on sale April 1, 2019
    $125 (plus fees) for the weekend.

Thanks very much for posting the update, Robert.

While Schooltree was forced to cancel for logistical reasons, we're working to get them back again later this year if at all possible. While definitely a bit different in style, it's really great to have No More Pain step in. (These guys always put on a great show.) For those who aren't familiar with NMP, here's an introductory clip:

Best wishes and, again, very much hope that you'll join us,

Alan

Looks fabulous! Is flying out for the weekend feasible? Not sure with work schedule, but will try. Seeing Advent alone would be amazing, not to mention all those fine artists!

Quote Originally Posted by bill g View Post
    Looks fabulous! Is flying out for the weekend feasible? Not sure with work schedule, but will try. Seeing Advent alone would be amazing, not to mention all those fine artists!
    Thanks a lot, Bill. There are a few hotels within a short driving distance of the venue and it's not all that far away from Newark Liberty International Airport as well. It would be great if you could join us!

All the best,

Alan

As far as I know, Advent has not played live since putting out their brilliant 2015 album SILENT SENTINEL mostly if not totally (correct me if I'm wrong) because they've been without a bass player since the album's release. I for one am very much looking forward to hearing that "new" stuff live!

Tom Hyatt!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 3RDegree_Robert View Post
    As far as I know, Advent has not played live since putting out their brilliant 2015 album SILENT SENTINEL mostly if not totally (correct me if I'm wrong) because they've been without a bass player since the album's release. I for one am very much looking forward to hearing that "new" stuff live!
    Thank you for your very kind words about Silent Sentinel and your explanation of why we haven't played live is right on track. Unfortunately, it took us almost three years to find any reasonable candidate and we're really thrilled that circumstances worked out for Tom to join a few months back.

Cheers,

Alan