Thread: Can Am Des Puig - The Book of Am

Can Am Des Puig - The Book of Am

Can Am Des Puig formed back in early 70's and released a very interesting album Book of AM Part One: Dawn, which they recorded on the island of Mallorca in Spain. Originally devised as a beautifully illustrated book, the project was planned to be coupled with 4 LPs focused on folklore, legends, lore and cosmologies of some of the world's oldest cultures, from ancient Egypt to Celtic traditions. This 4 LP set would correspond to the four phases of day (Dawn, Morning, Afternoon, Evening). In 2004, Wah Wah Records reissued the original album and, for the first time, the book and the second part of 1978 sessions -as the additional LP of the double record set Book of AM Part Two: Morning. In 2011, Juan Arkotxa, Leslie McKenzie and Carmeta Mansilla from the original Can Am Des Puig have joined forces with Will Z of belgian band Cosmic Trip Machine to finish what was left unfinished and complete the project. Using original Deya demos, they recorded together the two last parts as the double LP Book of AM Parts Three & Four: Afternoon / Evening. Expected to be released around spring 2013 from Wah Wah Records.
    Last edited by spacefreak; 02-22-2013 at 06:12 AM.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Thanks for the heads up, Spyros. I have the earlier book/reissue.

Just released!
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Any word on who's carrying it, or did you order directly from Wah Wah?

I've got it yesterday at a record fair. I've been told by the seller that Wah-Wah hasn't officially distribute it yet; they will do the following weeks. It's not on their web site yet.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

OK, thanks Spyros. I'll try and make a mental note.

I'll let the board know when it will officially hit the streets...
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Thanks for the heads up indeed.It's a wonderful album.Can Am Des Puig didn't ring any bell,allways thought "The Book of Am" as group name.
    I have Synton CD from 1998.Will definitely pick up the new set.
    Cosmic Trip Machine "Vampyros roussos" is great album.

Quote Originally Posted by Modry Effekt View Post
    Cosmic Trip Machine "Vampyros roussos" is great album.
    Yes, indeed...
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Quote Originally Posted by spacefreak View Post
    Can Am Des Puig formed back in early 70's and released a very interesting album Book of AM Part One: Dawn, which they recorded on the island of Mallorca in Spain. Originally devised as a beautifully illustrated book, the project was planned to be coupled with 4 LPs focused on folklore, legends, lore and cosmologies of some of the world's oldest cultures, from ancient Egypt to Celtic traditions. This 4 LP set would correspond to the four phases of day (Dawn, Morning, Afternoon, Evening). In 2004, Wah Wah Records reissued the original album and, for the first time, the book and the second part of 1978 sessions -as the additional LP of the double record set Book of AM Part Two: Morning. In 2011, Juan Arkotxa, Leslie McKenzie and Carmeta Mansilla from the original Can Am Des Puig have joined forces with Will Z of belgian band Cosmic Trip Machine to finish what was left unfinished and complete the project. Using original Deya demos, they recorded together the two last parts as the double LP Book of AM Parts Three & Four: Afternoon / Evening. Expected to be released around spring 2013 from Wah Wah Records.

The Book Of Am "Part-one" I Am That Living Soul

Just learned that Book of AM Parts Three & Four is sold-out at source...
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

My copy of this arrived today. Haven't had a chance to give it a spin yet, but I wanted to say thanks for posting this, Spyros. If you hadn't, I might have missed it.