Page 7 of 91 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2019 NFL Discussion Thread

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I stand corrected.
    Clearly
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

The eons are closing
    Vikes can't spend $$$ on needed O Line help because Capt. CapSpace is just mangling our flexibility.

Hope some draft magic comes our way...
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

The Cowboys sign Cobb to a 1 year deal. He's not quite what he used to be, but I like the trio of Cooper, Cobb, Gallup, with guys like Tavon, Hurns, and young Noah Brown to round things out. With Travis Frederick working his way back and Witten on board for one more year, it's looking like the offense could be set on paper for 2019.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    The Cowboys sign Cobb to a 1 year deal. He's not quite what he used to be, but I like the trio of Cooper, Cobb, Gallup, with guys like Tavon, Hurns, and young Noah Brown to round things out. With Travis Frederick working his way back and Witten on board for one more year, it's looking like the offense could be set on paper for 2019.
    didn't Hurns have a horrendous leg break?
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    didn't Hurns have a horrendous leg break?
    Yeah, he is expected to be ready by the start of the season actually. In the meantime, I’d like to see what they can get out of Noah Brown.

What’s your take on the draft? I’d like to see them go after DT, secondary and O-line depth unless there is an exceptional TE to be had in rd.2 or 3.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

The Raiders have signed Vontaze Burfict.

The Rams have signed Clay Matthews.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Cobb, Matthews.....did they start rebuilding when I was asleep?
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    The Rams have signed Clay Matthews.
    I lose and I win at the same time!

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    Yeah, he is expected to be ready by the start of the season actually. In the meantime, I’d like to see what they can get out of Noah Brown.

What’s your take on the draft? I’d like to see them go after DT, secondary and O-line depth unless there is an exceptional TE to be had in rd.2 or 3.
    I think Wit can get this corps of TEs up to speed. I've seen flashes from both Jarwin and Swaim. DT is a need but the key to Dak's success will be the OL
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

ah crap... Swaim went to the Jags

but we got a guy I never heard of named Codey McElroy at TE in his place

The Raiders have signed Vontaze Burfict.

Antonio Brown must be relieved!
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Vontaze to the Raiders? Seems like a Burfict fit!

Though I am not a fan of his style of play. The kind of player that allows the opponent to move the chains after a 3rd and long stop, by taking a useless Personal Foul penalty.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Antonio Brown must be relieved!
    Everyone in the AFC North is relieved.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    Seems like the giants have decided to start over one year too late. Might as well continue to the gut the team.
    If only they had. The OBJ trade was awful - truly one of the dumbest trades I've ever seen. They traded a future hall of famer in his prime for the 17th pick, a 3rd round pick and an average defensive back?

Just terrible. And OBJ wasn't even a cancer - his teammates loved him.

But the Giants *aren't* trying to gut the team. They actually think that they are trying to contend (which is a total joke). Anybody think a wide receiver who can play the slot as well as go deep, who has historically great ability to run with the ball after catching a short pass might benefit a QB with barely any mobility, declining skills and shaky accuracy? Maybe?

And replacing him with an older, past-his-prime slot receiver (which they already had in Shepard) with below-average speed?

Great job, fools.

Keeping a bad QB and taking the cap hit? Great job, fools.

The OBJ trade has been rightfully A-bombed (from a Giants perspective) by just about every football analyst out there. The Giants organization just has no clue.

There was a time to trade OBJ, and that was in the offseason after the boat incident. He still had years left on his rookie deal and could have fetched 2 first-round draft picks, or a very high #1 and a #2.

But the Giants don't sell high on anything any more. They buy high and sell low.

They should immediately trade Saquon Barkley, as they have no use for an elite RB and he likely won't be elite by the time they are ready to contend for the division again. They could get a high first round draft pick for him, which they could use to fortify the O-Line or Defense with likely a star player. But will they do that? Of course not. Because that would be smart.

^^^

I'll see your OBJ trade and raise you an AB.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    They traded a future hall of famer in his prime for the 17th pick, a 3rd round pick and an average defensive back?
    Uh yup. Pretty much.

Not even the higher of the Browns two 3rd round picks. While it's not completely without risk for the Browns, this was an epic fleecing.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Uh yup. Pretty much.

Not even the higher of the Browns two 3rd round picks. While it's not completely without risk for the Browns, this was an epic fleecing.
    I kind of love this Browns team.

Obviously they won't take the place of my favorite team, but considering the amount of time the Giants will likely be in the wilderness, and considering that I'm actively rooting for them to lose to get better draft position, I think I'm going to adopt the Browns as my "other" team. I think they've got an even-money chance to win 12 games next year, and Mayfield-to-Beckham will be a great thing.

the Brownies are gonna be interesting for sure...

though I'm reminded of 'assembled superteams' of yore and see a potential for disaster

Obviously they won't take the place of my favorite team, but considering the amount of time the Giants will likely be in the wilderness, and considering that I'm actively rooting for them to lose to get better draft position, I think I'm going to adopt the Browns as my "other" team. I think they've got an even-money chance to win 12 games next year, and Mayfield-to-Beckham will be a great thing.
    Can't disagree.

I'll enjoy seeing the long-suffering Browns fans celebrating wins.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

though I'm reminded of 'assembled superteams' of yore and see a potential for disaster
    Agreed. This can go very well or very poorly... Browns will not be surprising anyone in 2019. They will also have a few prime time games slotted, which can be disruptive.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

RBs and WRs are "plug-and-play" players, if you have a veteran QB. With a younger QB this could take a few games, but I doubt much longer. The RB should be fine from the get-go.

Otherwise, I think the Browns are mostly relying on existing talent. The signed Olivier Vernon, but they're not depending on him to anchor the defense or anything.

I'll be rooting for The Browns too. Not because I'm jumping on the bandwagon but because such great fans and so little success. Also rooting for The Jags because of Saint Nick.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar

Can't disagree.

I'll enjoy seeing the long-suffering Browns fans celebrating wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartellb View Post
    I'll be rooting for The Browns too. Not because I'm jumping on the bandwagon but because such great fans and so little success. Also rooting for The Jags because of Saint Nick.
    And you guys keep ragging on me for having multiple teams! Hypocrisy I tell ya!
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

How can you not (at least on some subliminal level) root for a team with decades long frustration for players, coaches, front office & most importantly fans that finally looks to be at least better, if not way better, than its history?
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

I'll root for the Browns, or mainly for their fans this year, even though I don't particularly care for the QB and OB. I guess I gotta root for somebody. No way am I rooting for a team that's tanking. Screw that. I hate tanking. It guarantees NOTHING. It's a crapshoot. If I root for the Dolphins it'll be for them to win. I'll take 8-8 over 4-12.