Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PE Fitness Thread

All good stuff guys!
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Resistance training would be your friend. For every pound of muscle you build, you burn an additional 50 calories everyday.
    Perhaps, but I didn’t get down to 170 until I retired and started hiking 5 miles a day. I do arm exercises to keep my circulation good in my arms after a fall. Inelastic tissue developed in my arm which I have worked out and replaced with elastic.
    [They] agreed that it was neither possible nor necessary to educate people who never questioned anything.

As for hiking, I have joined hiking groups in the Baltimore/DC area and we have some great natural hiking trails here. Some of the hikes are thru urban areas, like the one we did in DC from Union Station to the National Arboretum and then distilleries and breweries near Union Market.
    [They] agreed that it was neither possible nor necessary to educate people who never questioned anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    As for hiking, I have joined hiking groups in the Baltimore/DC area and we have some great natural hiking trails here. Some of the hikes are thru urban areas, like the one we did in DC from Union Station to the National Arboretum and then distilleries and breweries near Union Market.
    I'm lucky enough to live near a handful of NY state parks which have tons of woodland acreage and trails. Plenty deep enough to hear nothing but nature...so wonderful for my sanity and as exercise, it can't be beat.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Me, too!

Round is a shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    As an Asian doctor said once: "Walk, no run. Heart only have so many beats". I'll get back to you on this exercise thing after I finish digesting my breakfast pizza.

Just had a good workout with minimal shoulder pain. Hopefully my shoulder is rehabilitating,finally. I had to fight the urge to go heavy, and do more sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Just had a good workout with minimal shoulder pain. Hopefully my shoulder is rehabilitating,finally. I had to fight the urge to go heavy, and do more sets.
    That sounds encouraging. Do you typically vary your rep range?
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    That sounds encouraging. Do you typically vary your rep range?
    Yes. I usually try 12-15 reps, but less sets. I use the old pyramid method. But the days of doing 5-6 reps with heavy weight are over. At this age I'm not interested in building any mass, just burning fat, get heart rate up, etc.