Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Le Orme album

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    When Kay and I visited Aldo in Spinea (where he lives-suburb of Venice) almost 10 years ago right after he left Le Orme as the victim of a DiRossi coup. he gave Kay a 2 cd set of himself solo unplugged that he had just recorded. When I have a bad day & really miss Kay I often play that, and if anyyone hasn't heard it, find it!

I certainly do not claim to be impartial when it comes to his leaving Le Orme, or who was responsible (he didn't quit), but I understand that I haven't heard Micci's side (nor do I want to).
    Oh wow, I completely forgot that you and Kay visited Aldo. That must have been an interesting experience!

Thank you for sharing that. It never really stops hurting after losing a loved one, no matter how much time has passed, so I'm glad that you have some things (like the happy memories, or the CD set Aldo gave to Kay) to help get through the difficult days.

For me, Aldo's voice is practically inseparable from the music of Le Orme -- much like Jon with Yes. His last few solo albums have been very nice indeed, but I will need to check out that solo unplugged album too now!

Hang in there, Steve. You'll be in my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Oh wow, I completely forgot that you and Kay visited Aldo. That must have been an interesting experience!

Thank you for sharing that. It never really stops hurting after losing a loved one, no matter how much time has passed, so I'm glad that you have some things (like the happy memories, or the CD set Aldo gave to Kay) to help get through the difficult days.

For me, Aldo's voice is practically inseparable from the music of Le Orme -- much like Jon with Yes. His last few solo albums have been very nice indeed, but I will need to check out that solo unplugged album too now!

Hang in there, Steve. You'll be in my thoughts.
    Many thanks!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman