Thread: Never thought I would like Journey but check out Journey thru time tour !!!!

Never thought I would like Journey but check out Journey thru time tour !!!!

If you get a chance check out Journey through time Live in concert now posted on Youtube Looks like some past members ( not including Steve Perry ) are touring includiing Neil Schon ( who is amazing on this ) and Greg Rollie and the drummer who sings Perry's parts is amazing as well...They do some of the Pre Perry Journey material....Nice....
    Last edited by ironmaiden4ever; 02-08-2019 at 06:22 PM.

Yep, this is a pretty awesome show - and convincing proof that both Schon and Rolie have still got it big time. I do wonder if this is Schon effectively announcing that he's done with Journey following his well-publicized spats with most of the rest of the band, and Cain in particular. I never liked Cain-era Journey anyway, so if this is a more permanent reunion of Schon and Rolie then that's fine with me!! Just wish I could get to see them some time...

Quote Originally Posted by kid_runningfox View Post
    Yep, this is a pretty awesome show - and convincing proof that both Schon and Rolie have still got it big time. I do wonder if this is Schon effectively announcing that he's done with Journey following his well-publicized spats with most of the rest of the band, and Cain in particular. I never liked Cain-era Journey anyway, so if this is a more permanent reunion of Schon and Rolie then that's fine with me!! Just wish I could get to see them some time...
    Nah, this is just a short limited run tour that they are doing. The "official" Journey is still together and I think I read working on a new album with Arnel on vocals and a tour to follow later in the year. Schon and Cain have apparently mended fences. The drummer mentioned in the original post is Dean Castronovo, and yes he has an amazing voice, very similar to Perry. He was Journey's drummer for many years, but got in a domestic violence dispute a few years ago and was released from the band, which is when Steve Smith came back.

I saw the pre-perry jouney a couple times back in the 70's, once when they opened for Thin Lizzy and again when they opened for (Todd R's) Utopia and they were really good!

Lost interest when they became a top-40, chick-band (with Perry)...

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Nah, this is just a short limited run tour that they are doing. The "official" Journey is still together and I think I read working on a new album with Arnel on vocals and a tour to follow later in the year. Schon and Cain have apparently mended fences.Adam4adam TutuApp AppValley The drummer mentioned in the original post is Dean Castronovo, and yes he has an amazing voice, very similar to Perry. He was Journey's drummer for many years, but got in a domestic violence dispute a few years ago and was released from the band, which is when Steve Smith came back.
    Lost interest when they became a top-40
    Last edited by sergann; 03-08-2019 at 03:33 PM.