Thread: Happy Birthday Alice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Happy Birthday Alice

Singer Alice Cooper is 71 today

His was the first concert I attended - April 1975(?) Welcome to My Nightmare tour

Went with my buddy and his older brother who drove us ... We were about as far away from the stage as the civic center could do; we were about two rows away from the back wall, and so, watched a tiny dot of Alice moving around the stage.

Still, it was great fun ...
    "Normal is just the average of extremes" - Gary Lessor

Quote Originally Posted by bigbassdrum View Post
    Singer Alice Cooper is 71 today

His was the first concert I attended - April 1975(?) Welcome to My Nightmare tour

Went with my buddy and his older brother who drove us ... We were about as far away from the stage as the civic center could do; we were about two rows away from the back wall, and so, watched a tiny dot of Alice moving around the stage.

Still, it was great fun ...
    He still puts on a great live show and his band is top notch. Most of them have been with him for years now.

I wish his band members were less self-absorbed. It's what has kept me away for a while.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    I wish his band members were less self-absorbed. It's what has kept me away for a while.
    I've read somewhere where Alice is OK with this.. in fact he encourages it.. unless of course he's singing.. then the spotlight better be on him...haha

Quote Originally Posted by happytheman View Post
    I've read somewhere where Alice is OK with this.. in fact he encourages it.. unless of course he's singing.. then the spotlight better be on him...haha
    I don't have a problem with him encouraging it. I can't stand watching it, though.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by happytheman View Post
    Alice has always given plenty of room for his band members to work the crowd and have time in the spotlight. I have always thought it was kind of cool, but different strokes I guess......

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Alice has always given plenty of room for his band members to work the crowd and have time in the spotlight. I have always thought it was kind of cool, but different strokes I guess......
    I saw Alice Cooper for the first time about 8 years ago. It was a totally entertaining show. Love his 70s work. The full band were excellent.

Had it not shut down years ago, I would've liked to celebrate at Alice Cooperstown bar and grill...located next to the arena where the Suns play, and the ballpark where the Diamond Backs play.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama