Thread: The Rebel Wheel...new lineup, new tunes, new gigs

The Rebel Wheel...new lineup, new tunes, new gigs

My band, The Rebel Wheel, is about to some gigs with a new line-up. We are sharing two nights with Montreal band Between 11. https://between11band.bandcamp.com/
    The first is Feb 8th in Montreal at Bar Le Ritz PDB 179 Rue Jean-Talon Ouest, Montreal, QC H2R 2Y9

the second is Feb 15th at The Avant-Garde Bar 135 Besserer St, Ottawa, ON K1N 6A7

both shows start around 8 pm

The band is dusting off songs from Diagramma and We Are In The Time Of Evil Clocks as well as some from Whore's Breakfast and last year's Bag Of Snakes release. To hear the tunes check out

http://therebelwheel.bandcamp.com

We have been flying pretty far off the radar for awhile but if you want to know what we up to (or anything Rebel Wheel related for that matter) check out our website http://www.therebelwheel.com

Bravo, David!
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I was glad to see this too, David! It got me looking at the website and Bandcamp page.

David, you might remember me only because I remember you having a great memory and remembering my name a year after one short conversation at Progday! (Jed) Of course now it's been several years since then.

Of course I remember you Jed. I had a blast at Prog Day actually (and the sound there was among the best I had ever heard anywhere!)

I know you remember the old geezer from both FMPM & ProgDay, David.

I'll be checking this out for sure!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

David! I got another gig to attend on February 8 (King Buffalo at L'Esco) or else I'd have popped in. Catch you next time around.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    I know you remember the old geezer from both FMPM & ProgDay, David.

I'll be checking this out for sure!
    Of course! I have been off radar for a long time, but I still remember the people here very well!

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    David! I got another gig to attend on February 8 (King Buffalo at L'Esco) or else I'd have popped in. Catch you next time around.
    The band we are playing with is called Between 11 and they are a Montreal band we intend to a lot of gigs with so hopefully you will have a chance soon!

Hey David, welcome back! I'm looking forward to checking out your new music (I think ...Evil Clocks was the last thing I heard ).

Quote Originally Posted by 100423 View Post
    Hey David, welcome back! I'm looking forward to checking out your new music (I think ...Evil Clocks was the last thing I heard ).
    Well we have been pretty busy since then but we have released most stuff on Bandcamp. Some of the releases have been compilation collections of unused tunes etc. but we have had four CDs worth of new material starting with 2013's Whore's breakfast (our very first digital only release). Since then we did, Filth Therapy (which originally was a side project that got folded into the mix), 3rd Wheel (stuff that we recorded for each previous album but never released), 5 Epics (a compilation album of epic tracks from the "official" releases), Bag Of Snakes (another side project that got folded back into the main) and are currently working on a new CD called Simple Machines.

check out our website for details about each CD

http://therebelwheel.com/disco.html

or

https://therebelwheel.bandcamp.com/

We have a mailing list and we send newsletters out every couple of weeks. It has lots of inside info and free downloads of either tracks or often whole albums so feel free to sign up

http://therebelwheel.com/mailings.html
    Last edited by fictionmusic; 01-18-2019 at 11:55 PM.

Great to see you active again, David. I've been revisting my own Rebel Wheel collection in recent weeks.

Happy New Year and all the best to you and yours,

Kim
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Thanks Kim; same to you. I have had a pretty big detour in the last eight years or so...never quit recording nor playing, just got buffeted about by strange circumstances; some good, some not so good. In any event I am delighted to touch base with this site and to have a new working line-up.

I just want to thank the Progressive Ears members who made it our gigs in Montreal and Ottawa: it was very good to see you again. We had a blast playing with the band Between 11 and told them about this site, so expect to see them show up here and hopefully introduce themselves to you guys. The band is excellent and will appeal to those who like their prog with metallic tinges. I was especially delighted with the hard work the bassist and drummer did for The Rebel Wheel. Alex and Andrew acquitted themselves admirably and it was a sheer delight to play with such accomplished musicians. We are still working on material for our next release and intend to hit the studio sometime in late spring early summer.

Hello folks. Just putting the word out there that we are doing some more gigs this summer. We are at our favorite place (The Avant-Garde Bar) this time with two different loop-based solo artists: L'Orchidée Cosmique and Chloe Dances In Twilight.
    We will have some old tunes, some new tunes, some borrowed and some blue and will be thinking whitely thoughts (Jimmi Webb anyone?). Our new album, Simple Machines is all written and rehearsed and we are about to start recording.