Thread: Carl Palmer , Back Door , PM

Carl Palmer , Back Door , PM

Listening to ‘Pancha Suite’ or Crimzoid as it was unofficially known prior to the Carl Palmer anthology, reminded me of the direction I thought he would go post ELP. Pm emerged instead yet the tracks with Back Door are quite superb and a unique sort of fusion. His drumming to the fore and the writing strong. At the time CP seemed very committed to going the song route post ELP , I wonder why and why not the fusion route. Off course he hit paydirt with Asia , but I loved his foray into fusion. I also loved Colin Hodgkinsons bass playing on the tracks, especially Pancha Suite. Any other fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaco View Post
    Listening to ‘Pancha Suite’ or Crimzoid as it was unofficially known prior to the Carl Palmer anthology, reminded me of the direction I thought he would go post ELP. Pm emerged instead yet the tracks with Back Door are quite superb and a unique sort of fusion. His drumming to the fore and the writing strong. At the time CP seemed very committed to going the song route post ELP , I wonder why and why not the fusion route. Off course he hit paydirt with Asia , but I loved his foray into fusion. I also loved Colin Hodgkinsons bass playing on the tracks, especially Pancha Suite. Any other fans?
    I do have the PM release 1PM but I don't listen to it much. I prefer the Quango project. But I like the 'Pancha Suite.'

The fusion route would have been cool, wouldn't it? However fusion seemed to be a dirty word in the early '80s and I can't think of too many fusion records to break through during that time period.