Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Full Let it Be movie now on Youtube..

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    Also the version of 'For You Blue' on these Get Back-related bootlegs is probably a better version than the one Spector used. However I guess you don't have the 'Elmore James got nothing on this baby' comments on there.
    Trying to remember...I think they're the same version, except that George overdubbed a new vocal with those ad libs on the version from the Spector album.

^Could be, the backing track is certainly very similar. But not a song I like that much anyway...especially when he had 'Isn't It A Pity' and 'All Things Must Pass' available.

They can't put any kind of revisionist gloss on Twickenham. It seems to have been a flat-out disaster. But by most accounts, Savile Row saw a great improvement in morale.
    Last edited by JJ88; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:28 PM.

^^

I just finished listening to 97 hours of the Nagra tapes. Both the author and Jackson are correct. True, Jackson should be cautious not to rewrite history. And I see no indication that he will. Yet, Jackson is correct in stating that it wasn't as bitter and contentious as history claims. There was plenty of productive recording sessions and rehearsals. Sure there were problems and that is part of the story. But there was a lot of music and dialog that could make an entertaining presentation and be still historically accurate.
    The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone.

Quote Originally Posted by pb2015 View Post
    Trying to remember...I think they're the same version, except that George overdubbed a new vocal with those ad libs on the version from the Spector album.
    Different take altogether.

^Could be, the backing track is certainly very similar. But not a song I like that much anyway...especially when he had 'Isn't It A Pity' and 'All Things Must Pass' available.
    It seems George didn't get the opportunity to complete them to his satisfaction.

They can't put any kind of revisionist gloss on Twickenham. It seems to have been a flat-out disaster. But by most accounts, Savile Row saw a great improvement in morale.
    Agreed.
    The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone.