Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Full Let it Be movie now on Youtube..

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Well, I just completed listening to the first four days of the Twickenham sessions. All 18 hours or so. About 80 hours to go.
    Yikes. Is there like a website or someplace that has some index, or a track list or whatever, as to exactly what's contained therein? Is there like an entire album (or several?) of unreleased songs in there, or is it just mostly alternate takes, have remembered rock n roll covers, false starts, and banter? I remember reading that the reason Let It Be came out so lopsided was because "that was all Spector had to work with", as if to suggest that there just wasn't that much completed music recorded during the Get Back sessions.

I've never listened to much from those Nagra tapes but they weren't sessions in the normal sense...they were more like rehearsals. There's things like them running through 'All Things Must Pass', but IMHO Harrison's own version is far superior to this run-through.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    I've never listened to much from those Nagra tapes but they weren't sessions in the normal sense...they were more like rehearsals. There's things like them running through 'All Things Must Pass', but IMHO Harrison's own version is far superior to this run-through.
    So, it's more a "historical curiosity", than something that most people would actually want to listen to? Something like the raw footage and outtakes that's on some of the Doctor Who DVD's. Ya know, something you'd play once and that's it.

For me The Beatles are the best band there ever was, but I wouldn't want to plough through all that even once.

The 2nd disc of Anthology 3 and the 'fly on the wall' bonus disc of Let It Be Naked have a miniscule sample of this behind the scenes material.

Other songs around were things like 'Gimme Some Truth' and 'Another Day' but I don't think these were played by them as a band. I forget.

FWIW the rooftop gig itself is pretty great. But it's not a gig in the normal sense, they do three versions of 'Get Back', for instance!