Thread: Tangerine Dream - The Pink Years 2018 reissues

Tangerine Dream - The Pink Years 2018 reissues

With the Virgin era albums getting a reissue this coming spring, this newly released collection of Tangerine Dream's first four albums is a timely and fascinating journey from their origins towards the electronic soundscapes that would define their legacy during the seventies.

Here's my bluffer's guide to the box set and how the newly remastered sound compares to previous editions. See you 'round the galaxy!

https://momentstransition.wordpress....-2018-reissue/

Quote Originally Posted by Valen View Post
    With the Virgin era albums getting a reissue this coming spring, this newly released collection of Tangerine Dream's first four albums is a timely and fascinating journey from their origins towards the electronic soundscapes that would define their legacy during the seventies.

Here's my bluffer's guide to the box set and how the newly remastered sound compares to previous editions.
    Hmmm, I wonder how the sound compares to the 90's era reissues. Those are the ones I have, bought more than 20 years ago. I never got the 2011 editions because the bonus material was all drawn from the Tangerine Tree bootlegs, most of which I have.

They should have added to the box a miniCD with the "Ultima Thule" single + their contribution to the "Ossiach Live" album.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Quote Originally Posted by spacefreak View Post
    They should have added to the box a miniCD with the "Ultima Thule" single + their contribution to the "Ossiach Live" album.
    I'm not sure of the Ossiach thing, but but I believe the Ultima Thule single appears on the 2011 reissue of Alpha Centauri. But that was another thing I got from online, I don't think it was in one of the Tangerine Trees or Leaves, but I think I appended it to one of them that was a bit on the short side when I burned it to CD.

MMMhhh!!!... Insightful review, thx

the cardboard sleeves are mighty tempting (did the prior Esoteric boxset have them as well??), but the big downside its that most likely the Ultima Thule 1 & 2 won't be on the Alpha Centauri album (or are they?)

I've only got the Nebulous Dawn boxset (from Castle), but I would get rid of it (never cared much for it), if the UT tracks (both of them) are in the new boxset.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    MMMhhh!!!... Insightful review, thx

the cardboard sleeves are mighty tempting (did the prior Esoteric boxset have them as well??), but the big downside its that most likely the Ultima Thule 1 & 2 won't be on the Alpha Centauri album (or are they?)

I
    Apologies, I should have mentioned in my piece that Ultima Thule is missing from the Alpha disc.

Basically, it's each album as originally issued - no bonus tracks at all.