Thread: What could have been...

What could have been...

Was just listening to a bootleg of Beck/Hammer and got to thinking about how much more these guys could have done. Got me to thinking about other "what could have beens"...

Beck/Hammer:
    Could have REALLY exploited the Jazz/Rock / Fusion wave of the time and put out much more albums than they did, AND, could have explored longer thematic adventures. (and dropped those funk-singing songs)

Eddie Van Halen:
    I always thought; "what could he have done with multi-tracked tapping stuff"? Imagine Eruption with LAYERS of stuff on it...Frippertronics via Van Halen???
    Instead, he just became a drunk for a while.

AND, if he had lived, what directions would have Randy Rhodes explored as Prog Metal was just at its beginnings?

I'm sure many of you can come-up with your own "what ifs"...let's hear 'em...
    G.A.S -aholic

What if Buddy Holly would have made it into the '60s? I've always wondered if he had enough coolness to actually survive.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    I didn't care for Beck with the Jan Hammer Group as much as his own studio albums, in large part because of...
    Quote Originally Posted by Supersonic Scientist View Post
    those funk-singing songs