Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: MLB 2019

According to ESPN's Buster Olney, the White Sox have offered Machado seven years and $175 million, contrary to earlier reports.

The rumor mill grinds on.
    The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone.

Sad news in Reds land today. Hall of Fame radio broadcaster Marty Brennaman announced today that this will be his last year.
    He has been an absolute joy to listen to for the past 45 years. Truly one of the all time greats.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Sad news in Reds land today. Hall of Fame radio broadcaster Marty Brennaman announced today that this will be his last year.
    He has been an absolute joy to listen to for the past 45 years. Truly one of the all time greats.
    Agreed, and his son Thom ain't bad either.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Apparently, he felt "insulted" by the Mets' $60 million offer.

If only I could be so insulted.
    He also claimed that he wanted to raise the bar for max contracts moving forward and felt that the Metsí offer did not do that. He claimed he felt a responsibility to, I guess, pay it forward for the next crop of catchers. Maybe?
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Definitely a legend. At least you get to say goodbye. We here in Philly lost Harry Kalas suddenly, and it was really a jolt. These guys are part of our lives.

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    He also claimed that he wanted to raise the bar for max contracts moving forward and felt that the Mets’ offer did not do that. He claimed he felt a responsibility to, I guess, pay it forward for the next crop of catchers. Maybe?
    Hmm....
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally