Thread: Rest In Peace, Alain Ballaud

Rest In Peace, Alain Ballaud

As reported by Udi Koomran; a hugely important part of Shub Niggurath’s sound, as their bassist, has died.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"You run a great label, but sometimes you go out of your way to be a jerk." - Jed Levin

"The older I get, the more I realize that cynicism is just realism spelled wrong."

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Steve, I copy from wiki: "Shub-Niggurath was an avant-rock/zeuhl band from France founded in 1982 by Allan Baullaud, and remained active until Baullaud's death from cancer in 1995."

What's going on here? (the misspell on the wiki page is not mine)

I have misunderstood Udi’s posting!! Ummmm. Oooops!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

"You run a great label, but sometimes you go out of your way to be a jerk." - Jed Levin

"The older I get, the more I realize that cynicism is just realism spelled wrong."

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Udi's post certainly looks like it was a recent death.
    Ian

I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Udi contacted me.
    I explained to Udi that in American English one would more accurately say “Remembering”. By saying Rest In Peace, it is implied that someone has just died.

But it is not a hard rule.

Anyway, really MY misunderstanding.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

Rest In Peace my pride in my accuracy .....

Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

the funny thing is that I would trust you or any PE member more than a wiki page with misspellings of the name involved

Quote Originally Posted by Zappathustra View Post
    the funny thing is that I would trust you or any PE member more than a wiki page with misspellings of the name involved
    Well, thank you for the misguided trust!!!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

One of not-so-particularly-many bands actively hailing the memory of Ballaud were Fort Worth's very own Yeti, whose keyboardist Doug Ferguson indeed himself collapsed frm a fatal cardiac arrest during rehearsals.

Their Things to Come album was indeed dedicated to Ballaud, linernotes adding "Vive le Musique!" in his homour. And -BOY- did the influence show...

"Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

This puts me in mind of when there was a whole rash of such RIP posts, for people who had passed away years earlier, because I think it was Facebook who got into the habit of putting death anniversaries into everyone's news feeds, so you'd see something like "RIP Mitch Mitchell", even though he had passed away several years earlier, and so there'd be a whole rash of "RIP Mitch Mitchell" threads, arriving however many years after the fact.