Thread: New Prog Artist

New Prog Artist

I just put out my first self-released (concept) album, 'Normal Boy.' It came out on Tuesday on all major streaming platforms, and I hope to eventually press vinyl. I wrote, produced, played keys (including some vintage ARPs), additional guitars and drum programming, as well as some of the vocals. I also got a little help from my friends for guitar, bass and the main vocals. I'm kinda like the 'Central Scrutinizer' of the album, which is autobiographical.

I'm also currently streaming on Delicious Agony Progressive Rock Radio, www.deliciousagony.com

My music is influenced by Genesis, Yes, Spock's Beard, a touch of ELP and Kevin Gilbert.

I'd love for y'all to check it out...

https://youtu.be/XU3_xw2eFok

Would be great if this got a vinyl release.

Really enjoying the music btw. Thanks for putting it out there!

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Would be great if this got a vinyl release.

Really enjoying the music btw. Thanks for putting it out there!
    Thanks! I just need 99 more people to say that and I'll make the vinyl!! I really want to, I just can't without a bigger demand.

BB

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Bressler View Post
    Thanks! I just need 99 more people to say that and I'll make the vinyl!! I really want to, I just can't without a bigger demand.

BB
    In lieu of vinyl, at the very least release it in Hi-Res on Bandcamp. Hi-Res is the source of most vinyl, the only exceptions being from millennials who don't know enough to hold their phones sideways to record video. (Many of them actually send MP3s from which to cut the vinyl.)
    Last edited by progmatist; 12-27-2018 at 02:58 PM.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    In lieu of vinyl, at the very least release it in Hi-Res on Bandcamp. Hi-Res is the source of most vinyl, the only exceptions being from millennials who don't know enough to hold their phones sideways to record video. (Many of them actually send MP3s from which to cut the vinyl.)
    I do possess 96KHz masters. And I did just register with Bandcamp. Maybe this weekend, I'll put them up there, and put a link on the board...
    (and vertical iPhone videos drive me nuts!)

Bill

My album is now available at Bandcamp: https://billbressler.bandcamp.com/album/normal-boy-2 and you get a cool digital booklet with your download!!

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    I love the "cover art," very pure.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by fictionmusic View Post
    Cool stuff!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by notallwhowander View Post
    I love the "cover art," very pure.
    Thanks! That's me at age 13, wearing the fashion of the day circa 1985, and geeking out with my brand new Korg Poly-800 Synthesizer. Used it on the album!

BB