Thread: Album Cover Art

Album Cover Art

Hello Artists, I have developed a very unique style of photography that may appeal to you in an abstract way. If anyone is interested, please contact me..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beautiful work.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

I'm particularly fond of #5. Interesting work.
    "The Bill of Rights says nothing about the freedom of hearing. This, of course, takes a lot of the fun out of the freedom of speech." - Pat Paulsen

My Art- http://www.facebook.com/williamallenrenfro -My Life

#1 is supa! #4 is very cool, too.

Thank you, glad you like them...!

These are all really cool. I think my favorite is either #3 or #5.

Really nice and interesting!
    My Progressive Workshop at http://soundcloud.com/hfxx

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    These are all really cool. I think my favorite is either #3 or #5.
    Indeed! 4 as well though.

Care to spill the beans on how you do it?

A visual treat & beautiful work! Missed this or would have posted sooner.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmotron View Post
    Indeed! 4 as well though.
    Care to spill the beans on how you do it?
    The thing is, in my extensive searches on the internet, I have not found anyone else doing anything like this. I'm not saying it makes it great or even popular, but it does make them unique.

While I prefer to keep my exact process to myself, I will tell you how it started, about 8 years ago a guy from Australia posted a picture on a photography website that I frequent. He took a picture of a clear glass marble and copied it three times in Photoshop, then changed the colors to red, blue and green. This intrigued me as an artist and after countless experiments I came up with the process I now employ. I can tell you though, it is extremely important to me to show the colors as they are shot, I am firmly against any color or shapes manipulations in Photoshop as I want me work to be 100% Photography with 0% Digital enhancements. The ONLY thing I do in Photoshop is "Crop" and save the file in different file formats.

Cheers (and thanks Geezer...)

TheGreenPlanet.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mythos View Post
    The thing is, in my extensive searches on the internet, I have not found anyone else doing anything like this. I'm not saying it makes it great or even popular, but it does make them unique.

While I prefer to keep my exact process to myself, I will tell you how it started, about 8 years ago a guy from Australia posted a picture on a photography website that I frequent. He took a picture of a clear glass marble and copied it three times in Photoshop, then changed the colors to red, blue and green. This intrigued me as an artist and after countless experiments I came up with the process I now employ. I can tell you though, it is extremely important to me to show the colors as they are shot, I am firmly against any color or shapes manipulations in Photoshop as I want me work to be 100% Photography with 0% Digital enhancements. The ONLY thing I do in Photoshop is "Crop" and save the file in different file formats.

Cheers (and thanks Geezer...)

TheGreenPlanet.jpg
    Thank you, Mythos!
    I very much appreciate the glimpse into your approach. Very cool! And I admire that you don't mess too much with things in the editing process. I too prefer for the magic to happen in the brain/camera interface, not in an editing program.

Calling Robin Trower! Muse, anyone seen Muse around here?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

Wow. Very cool stuff. And I admire the integrity of the process, too.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Well, if you're talking about iTunes then you can go into the the Advanced options and click on Get Album Art if that doesn't get all you're art then play a song that you want to get art for and then in the bottom left hand corner click the button with the triangle inside of the square, then you should see a larger square that says Drag Album Artwork Here then google the name of then band and album and find the album searching for only medium or large images makes the quality alot better, anyways check it for know more about arts then if you have a Mac view the full size image and just drag it where it says Drag Album Artwork Here and if you on a PC I dont know if you can drag but you can save the image to your desktop and then drag the file onto the same place. Hope I Helped