Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Album Cover Art

  1. #1
    Member Mythos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Wolf City
    Posts
    319

    Album Cover Art

    Hello Artists, I have developed a very unique style of photography that may appeal to you in an abstract way. If anyone is interested, please contact me..
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Ordinary Idiot Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    235
    I'm particularly fond of #5. Interesting work.
    "The Bill of Rights says nothing about the freedom of hearing. This, of course, takes a lot of the fun out of the freedom of speech." - Pat Paulsen

    My Art- http://renfro666.wix.com/rabidrenfro/home -My Life

  4. #4
    Member dropforge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,237
    #1 is supa! #4 is very cool, too.

  5. #5
    Member Mythos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Wolf City
    Posts
    319
    Thank you, glad you like them...!

  6. #6
    These are all really cool. I think my favorite is either #3 or #5.

  7. #7
    Member hFx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    325
    Really nice and interesting!
    My Progressive Workshop at http://soundcloud.com/hfxx

  8. #8
    Member Gizmotron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Southwest
    Posts
    766
    Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    These are all really cool. I think my favorite is either #3 or #5.
    Indeed! 4 as well though.

    Care to spill the beans on how you do it?

  9. #9
    Geriatric Anomaly progeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    9,537
    A visual treat & beautiful work! Missed this or would have posted sooner.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

    President Harry S. Truman

  10. #10
    Member Mythos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Wolf City
    Posts
    319
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmotron View Post
    Indeed! 4 as well though.
    Care to spill the beans on how you do it?
    The thing is, in my extensive searches on the internet, I have not found anyone else doing anything like this. I'm not saying it makes it great or even popular, but it does make them unique.

    While I prefer to keep my exact process to myself, I will tell you how it started, about 8 years ago a guy from Australia posted a picture on a photography website that I frequent. He took a picture of a clear glass marble and copied it three times in Photoshop, then changed the colors to red, blue and green. This intrigued me as an artist and after countless experiments I came up with the process I now employ. I can tell you though, it is extremely important to me to show the colors as they are shot, I am firmly against any color or shapes manipulations in Photoshop as I want me work to be 100% Photography with 0% Digital enhancements. The ONLY thing I do in Photoshop is "Crop" and save the file in different file formats.

    Cheers (and thanks Geezer...)

    TheGreenPlanet.jpg

  11. #11
    Member Gizmotron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Southwest
    Posts
    766
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythos View Post
    The thing is, in my extensive searches on the internet, I have not found anyone else doing anything like this. I'm not saying it makes it great or even popular, but it does make them unique.

    While I prefer to keep my exact process to myself, I will tell you how it started, about 8 years ago a guy from Australia posted a picture on a photography website that I frequent. He took a picture of a clear glass marble and copied it three times in Photoshop, then changed the colors to red, blue and green. This intrigued me as an artist and after countless experiments I came up with the process I now employ. I can tell you though, it is extremely important to me to show the colors as they are shot, I am firmly against any color or shapes manipulations in Photoshop as I want me work to be 100% Photography with 0% Digital enhancements. The ONLY thing I do in Photoshop is "Crop" and save the file in different file formats.

    Cheers (and thanks Geezer...)

    TheGreenPlanet.jpg
    Thank you, Mythos!
    I very much appreciate the glimpse into your approach. Very cool! And I admire that you don't mess too much with things in the editing process. I too prefer for the magic to happen in the brain/camera interface, not in an editing program.

  12. #12
    Member BobM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    318
    Calling Robin Trower! Muse, anyone seen Muse around here?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

  13. #13
    Studmuffin Scott Bails's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Near Philly, PA
    Posts
    3,839
    Wow. Very cool stuff. And I admire the integrity of the process, too.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •