Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 20 Years of PE Memories! Share them!

Cheers to two birds of opposing viewpoints who nonetheless played well together: the late Ken Walsh and the late Thomas Arena
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk
    Omega Monkey's "The Smokers Thread"
    Mine, not Omega Monkey's. Even though I had an odd meaningful post on the forum every now and then, I still regard that infamous smokers thread as my greatest contribution to the life of PE, though I had to eventually drop out of it when it went private on the gazillionth page.

And I'm still a smoker

Quote Originally Posted by Levgan View Post
    Mine, not Omega Monkey's. Even though I had an odd meaningful post on the forum every now and then, I still regard that infamous smokers thread as my greatest contribution to the life of PE, though I had to eventually drop out of it when it went private on the gazillionth page.

And I'm still a smoker
    my apologies! I think it was Omega Monkey's views on the matter that sent that thing out of control though? I know he at least had a part in it's insanity
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

In recent times, the Glass Hammer/Elf King threads were pretty fun. It added another layer to the experience of listening to Chronomonaut.

He wasn't really a monkey, per se.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    He wasn't really a monkey, per se.
    Of course Jed is a highly evolved monkey.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    Of course Jed is a highly evolved monkey.
    An Orangutan is not a monkey!

...oook....
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    ...oook....
    Get back to the library, you.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Oh, and Happy Birthday, Lino!
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk
    I think it was Omega Monkey's views on the matter that sent that thing out of control though? I know he at least had a part in it's insanity
    Right on. That's when I started measuring people's arrogance in omega monkeys

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    DC/WillianKatt/MetMan/etc's (among a handful of others [JohhnyQuest/ToddGack/etc to name one] inability to slide back in under the radar after returning post-ban as a new identity. I always laughed my ass off when they were pretty much called out immediately by the community.
    One of whom has just had his newest reincarnation removed from the board

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    Jen and Renate seems to be the only women here frequently
    There are more than you think.

Several posters here don't "declare" their gender in any way. I'm happy to report that a good few ladies are long-standing members, and are active participants.

Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    Is there any way to find out when you 'actually' joined up - I show Nov 2012 but I think that was when we had the 'new look' board. I know I had been on for a few years before that.
    I have (most of) the actual dates that everyone joined PEv2.0.

If you drop me a PM, I'll reset your join date back to your original PEv2.0 date.

Quote Originally Posted by rushfan View Post
    I joined this site in 2001...
    Mike, your "legacy" lives on in my signature
    Regards,

Duncan

Duncan,

I'm redeemed by the fact that I always had a hunch that there were some incognito women here regularly!

Happy holidays to you & Ahrline!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    DocProgger was JonnyQuest, right? They never seem to change the style of posts they write. I'd wager that one has had a row with everyone on this site.

Vicky from Esoteric has posted on here and the old board for many years, although not as much over recent times.

Originally Posted by Paulie
    DC/WillianKatt/MetMan/etc's (among a handful of others [JohhnyQuest/ToddGack/etc to name one] inability to slide back in under the radar after returning post-ban as a new identity. I always laughed my ass off when they were pretty much called out immediately by the community.
    Sigh. They never learn...

I am a prog-addicted female of 85years old, who's too shy to reveal her identity amidst hungry, young men averaging 62 years of age...

There are more than you think.

Several posters here don't "declare" their gender in any way. I'm happy to report that a good few ladies are long-standing members, and are active participants.
    That's good to hear and somehow fairly heart-warming: it's a sign that our PE is not too testosterone-prone to the point that women automatically would flee the place.

I have (most of) the actual dates that everyone joined PEv2.0.

If you drop me a PM, I'll reset your join date back to your original PEv2.0 date.
    I'll PM you...
    Somehow, I'll feel better if my post count implied it was from early 04 rather than from Nov 16

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    I'm redeemed by the fact that I always had a hunch that there were some incognito women here regularly!

Yesssss... MC, BW and HNY to all the women on board that I'm not aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    DocProgger was JonnyQuest, right? They never seem to change the style of posts they write. I'd wager that one has had a row with everyone on this site.

Vicky from Esoteric has posted on here and the old board for many years, although not as much over recent times.
    Mmmhhh!!!... Vicky posted here, more out of professional interest anyway... But she was welcome anyways, and always visted her threads.

As for DP, if that's who we're talking about, it's amazing to see how he thinks the majority here is a problem, instead of himself being it.
    If 50% of the replies to my posts would be negative or aggressive, I'd soon start to wonder what I'm doing wrong, instead of assuming the others have their monthly period turning permanent. (that one is NOT for the ladies here)

One can also wonder how a "newbie" (nov 17) on PE would intervene in the memories thread of old farts like us.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

They're easy to spot, not just here but on any forum. The women are the ones who for the most part are respectful, non-aggressive and want to have a genuine discussion without trying to be an alpha.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

Not sure how long I have been here
    “Pleasure and pain can be experienced simultaneously,” she said, gently massaging my back as we listened to her Coldplay CD.

I can't help but wonder how many of you have even ventured to other websites This place is like Shangra freakin' La compared to some of the horror shows out there! You wouldn't last a day if some of the rare bad apples here bother you!!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Thanks, Steve - and to you too!
    Regards,

Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    Speaking as someone who had a massive throw down with him in his George Kaplan incarnation, I thought he conducted himself in a much better fashion this time around, and am a little surprised to see that he has been banned. The disclaimer being that I don't read all threads, but still I'm somewhat surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I can't help but wonder how many of you have even ventured to other websites This place is like Shangra freakin' La compared to some of the horror shows out there! You wouldn't last a day if some of the rare bad apples here bother you!!
    Totally agree!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    From my experience, ProgArchives has a problem with its registration system, or getting your password reset. I had joined, but usually am unable to get my password reset so have rarely ever been able to post. But it never seems that enticing anyway - I usually just use it for the album info.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Speaking as someone who had a massive throw down with him in his George Kaplan incarnation, I thought he conducted himself in a much better fashion this time around, and am a little surprised to see that he has been banned. The disclaimer being that I don't read all threads, but still I'm somewhat surprised.
    I'm not surprised at all. He has temp-banned for a month (along with Facelift) in the NCAA Football thread. Then, when he returned, he seemed to be on a negative & combative trajectory.