Thread: "Bleecker Bob" has died - R.I.P. Robert Plotnik

sourdough advocate
    When in doubt....

RIP
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

I used to go to The Village to buy bootleg vinyl pretty often. I don't recall going to his shop, though.

I made some pretty great hauls back then.
    The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone.

I recall seeing his ads in Goldmine back in the sunny long ago. Sorry to hear he is gone.
    "If you want to see the true nature of humanity, just look at the internet."

http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    It wasn't a store I went into often - the only thing I remember buying there was the CD of that first Magna Carta album! But I do remember browsing there a few times, and going to that pizza place next door.
    "Of course you are allowed to trumpet your profound ignorance by disagreeing with me." -- Facelift

Didn't one of the Seinfeld episodes have a shot of Bleecker Bob's record store, where Kramer was trying to sell old records? Anyone know if that was a real shot of at least the outside?

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DocProgger View Post
    Didn't one of the Seinfeld episodes have a shot of Bleecker Bob's record store, where Kramer was trying to sell old records? Anyone know if that was a real shot of at least the outside?
    I saw that mentioned in the NY Times obituary, but I don't remember seeing it in Seinfeld. But I only knew of the location on Bleecker Street, apparently there were two different locations which I think came later. But you are correct.
    "Of course you are allowed to trumpet your profound ignorance by disagreeing with me." -- Facelift

Ah, guess I should have read the obituary first. The episode was The Old Man. Incapacitated since 2001--yikes.
    Last edited by DocProgger; 1 Week Ago at 10:35 PM.

He was quite a character. He was notorious for being really shitty to his customers. I used to enjoy going there and watch him scream at the patrons and throw them out of the store.

Occassionally I would find hidden gems in the prog section. My biggest score was a NM copy of Blocco Mentale “POA” for $40. My hands were still shaking when I scurried out the door.