Thread: "Bleecker Bob" has died - R.I.P. Robert Plotnik

sourdough advocate
    When in doubt....

RIP
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

I used to go to The Village to buy bootleg vinyl pretty often. I don't recall going to his shop, though.

I made some pretty great hauls back then.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

I recall seeing his ads in Goldmine back in the sunny long ago. Sorry to hear he is gone.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    It wasn't a store I went into often - the only thing I remember buying there was the CD of that first Magna Carta album! But I do remember browsing there a few times, and going to that pizza place next door.

Didn't one of the Seinfeld episodes have a shot of Bleecker Bob's record store, where Kramer was trying to sell old records? Anyone know if that was a real shot of at least the outside?

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DocProgger View Post
    Didn't one of the Seinfeld episodes have a shot of Bleecker Bob's record store, where Kramer was trying to sell old records? Anyone know if that was a real shot of at least the outside?
    I saw that mentioned in the NY Times obituary, but I don't remember seeing it in Seinfeld. But I only knew of the location on Bleecker Street, apparently there were two different locations which I think came later. But you are correct.

Ah, guess I should have read the obituary first. The episode was The Old Man. Incapacitated since 2001--yikes.
    Last edited by DocProgger; 12-05-2018 at 09:35 PM.

He was quite a character. He was notorious for being really shitty to his customers. I used to enjoy going there and watch him scream at the patrons and throw them out of the store.

Occassionally I would find hidden gems in the prog section. My biggest score was a NM copy of Blocco Mentale “POA” for $40. My hands were still shaking when I scurried out the door.