Thread: Review: New Brand X Blu-ray is TOTALLY AWESOME !!!

Review: New Brand X Blu-ray is TOTALLY AWESOME !!!

In those immortal words of Kate Bush .... Wow! Wow! Wow!

The new Brand X Blu-ray arrived today &, as a very long term fan of the band, I'm completely blown away - its just STUNNING.

The band are absolutely on heat - incredible levels of musicianship from every one of them - and all recorded in crystal clear 5:1 surround. Plus the video doesn't keep switching picture every few seconds, as seems to be the trend with many modern concert DVDs / Blu-rays nowadays!

I've been waiting for this for a long time - having seen them many times over the years - with Bruford at The Venue in London in 1980, through to the Jazz Cafe with Pierre Moerlen back in 1997, plus various times in between - and they are right back up there at their peak in performance terms.

if you're a Brand X fan, you simply MUST buy this Blu-ray!! Slightly pricey at £29.99 for CD / Blu-ray pack, but I for one feel that its about time the band finally saw some money!

https://burningshed.com/brand-x_live...stival_blu-ray

I ordered from BS too. I think it's stupid that they won't offer these to our buddy Ken Golden to sell. Shipping from the UK is so effin slow.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

No US vendors carrying it?

Noppers

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Is the full show on the Blu ray?

Quote Originally Posted by fiberman View Post
    Is the full show on the Blu ray?
    To be fair, I haven't seen their recent shows (as they haven't been back over to the UK for over 20 years AFAIK), but the Blu-ray & CD are identical running orders & both clock in at around 70 mins or so. So it is short but sweet - but I actually watched it straight through twice, it was that good.

If I had to be critical, I'd say the sharpness of the video seems to be sometimes more DVD than Blu-ray quality, but the level of playing (from every single member of the band) and the crispness of the audio on both the CD & Blu-ray more than compensate. It's also a very "easy" watch, in that the video edit is intelligent & allows you to sit back and enjoy feel of the gig rather than it flicking from one scene to the next every few seconds.

Just a total joy to see them back on such form!
    Last edited by zzorchering; 12-05-2018 at 06:07 AM.

Agree. This is an incredible Blu-ray. Great band. Should have picked it up when it came out though.
    Last edited by Grumpyprogfan; 09-05-2019 at 10:30 AM.