Thread: Kompendium release date?

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

Kompendium release date?

Actually, I see on the Kompendium site the release date was changed to Nov. 2nd, so anyone know if it has begun shipping?

http://www.kompendium-web.com/
    Last edited by JKL2000; 11-07-2012 at 01:37 PM.

There is a further delay as the whole batch of cd/DVD packages has to be done again. See the facebook page for details. No new date yet for release.

Received my copy of the CD/DVD yesterday - looks very nice!

The funny thing is that our letter carrier delivered it to the wrong address - the same house number but on a different street a few blocks over. Fortunately the people who received it know my wife and called her right away and I went and picked it up. Phew!

This is one incredible CD. I'm listening to it right now and I'm just overwhelmed. I'm supposed to be watching the football game, but I just can't stop listening to this until It's finished.

I don't even know what to say...

Fucking BRAVO. Just incredible. Can't recommend this highly enough.

Sorry for the language.....ooops.

The packaging is very good - about half as big again as a normal CD, and it gives the impression of being something special before it is even played. Then the booklet is full of sketches and a little write up of every contributor.

I've listened to it a couple of times, and I like it. A lot. I generally do like everything that Rob creates, and I was worried that my expectations would be very high, but this works for me. Hopefully I'll listen to the 5.1 version tonight - that should be even better.

I bought this on the strength of the Youtube video for "lilly" featuring Hackett, and I am so glad I did - it's one of the best things I have heard this year - and I've heard a lot of great stuff in 2012. I just cannot play anything else right now, and the 5.1 version is sublime. To Rob Reed & all who contributed, my sincerest & heartfelt thanks.

I'm going to order a copy as a Christmas gift for each of my music-loving friends to ensure this gets to as many receptive ears as possible. If we all do the same, maybe it'll get the sales it deserves.

Thought I ought to post this update from the Facebook page, posted November 13th. Contains some info for those still waiting:

A little update…..

We were fortunate to FINALLY receive a small quantity of the DVD/CD for us to approve.

These look amazing and so we have finally starting to ship them. We have only a small number, so we have sent them out to some of the 1st ordered international orders, as there is a usually a substancial delay in delivery.

We have been told that the main bulk of the stock will arrive this Friday, so slowly but surely everybody should be getting their copy……AT LAST….

We will keep you informed of developments, and thanks for you patience.
    ROB

BTW, I haven't listened to the album yet, or read the lyrics. Is there any explanation given as to why Kompendium is spelled with a K instead of a C? Or is it just to be Rok-tastik?

Does Rob Reed write everything on this cd? I enjoyed the video with Steve Hackett and the female vocalist, even put it up on my personal facebook page.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Is there any explanation given as to why Kompendium is spelled with a K instead of a C? Or is it just to be Rok-tastik?
    I can answer this one.
    I was watching Tim Burton's 'Alice in Wonderland' about 2 1/2 years ago with my daughter and I heard the word 'compendium' mentioned.
    Rob and I had been batting band names back and forth for a few days with little success and as soon as I heard 'compendium' I knew I was on to something.
    I called Rob with my suggestion, he liked it, but I insisted it had to be spelt with a 'K'.
    It's much cooler with a 'K' don't you think?

It's an appropriate name and spelling it with a "k" means that it is much easier to find when searching the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by kris View Post
    It's much cooler with a 'K' don't you think?
    Frankly, no. :-)

Come on, everything is cooler spelled with a K - just ask Kamelot! Seriously, I'll bet getting results in searches IS a konsideration. Could you have worked an umlaut in? The reason I asked about the spelling of Kompendium is that I saw this album as a one off "supergroup" kind of thing, but I guess it's actually more of a side project for Rob - do you know if Rob expects to use the Kompendium name again for another album? I know it's early to tell, but just what his original plans are.

I actually tried to have my first listen last night, but it didn't quite work out. Maybe tonight. Heard the first few tracks though, and it sounds great.

Rob did an interview with David Elliott which went out on the Dividing Line Broadcast Network. You should find it here ->http://www.thedividingline.com/podca...n-perspective/

From recollection, it is one of the questions that he answered as "no". But that's what I would expect him to answer if if he was thinking about it - why create pressure.

It was an entertaining interview as he discussed how he managed to get all the different musicians on board.

Will there be a CD only version (since the CD/DVD is labelled a "special edition")?

Just got this last week. Can't stop listening to it. What a fabulous piece of music.

The Dutch Progressive Rock Pages have a competiton where two copies of Beneath The Waves are available.

http://www.dprp.net/wp/competitions/?p=673#more-673