Thread: Re: Starcastle New Archive Release

Re: Starcastle New Archive Release

Alchemy.jpg Starcastle Announce New Music Available!
    Starcastle is pleased to announce that we are releasing for download our new archive collection titled “Alchemy”. This compilation contains five never-before -released songs as well as the original versions of six songs that previously appeared on our last studio album “Song of Times”. Alchemy consists of demos, rehearsal tapes and several live performances while we were based in San Francisco in the 80’s, all available for download now at starcastlerocks.com.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Will it be on Bandcamp?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Will it be on Bandcamp?
    Starcastle has never received payment from sales of any of their work. Any record sales, CD sales, or sales of downloads the band never receive payment. That includes Starcastle, Fountains, Citadel, Real to Reel, Song of Times. Nothing. With that in mind we will not be engaging any third party and will only be providing our music through the website at this time. We hope to be able to also provide the entire Starcastle catalog at some point along with new music currently being worked on. Thank you for your interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    Starcastle has never received payment from sales of any of their work. Any record sales, CD sales, or sales of downloads the band never receive payment. That includes Starcastle, Fountains, Citadel, Real to Reel, Song of Times. Nothing. With that in mind we will not be engaging any third party and will only be providing our music through the website at this time. We hope to be able to also provide the entire Starcastle catalog at some point along with new music currently being worked on. Thank you for your interest.
    How close to completion is the new music?

Starcastle has never received payment from sales of any of their work. Any record sales, CD sales, or sales of downloads the band never receive payment. That includes Starcastle, Fountains, Citadel, Real to Reel, Song of Times. Nothing.
    How does a band exist for long enough to make 4 albums with no income from their work? That sounds like a financial crushing that would take 30 years to dig out from. I would have expected such a bleak financial arrangement would result in the implosion of the band fairly early in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    How does a band exist for long enough to make 4 albums with no income from their work? That sounds like a financial crushing that would take 30 years to dig out from. I would have expected such a bleak financial arrangement would result in the implosion of the band fairly early in the process.
    Passion?
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Passion?
    A diet of passion fruit isn't really sustainable. And you still need a roof over your head.

The band received a subsistence stipend from the label, the proceeds from shows, album sales and merchandise disappeared into the ether. All attempts to uncover where the money went and is continuing to go was met with a stone wall from the labels involved, to this day no one knows. That was a major factor in the breakup of the original version of the band. The second version of the band based in California, everyone worked day jobs to support the music. The last album, Song of Times had the same outcome. At this time we won't be dealing with any third parties.

The band received a subsistence stipend from the label, the proceeds from shows, album sales and merchandise disappeared into the ether. All attempts to uncover where the money went and is continuing to go was met with a stone wall from the labels involved, to this day no one knows. That was a major factor in the breakup of the original version of the band. The second version of the band based in California, everyone worked day jobs to support the music. The last album, Song of Times had the same outcome. At this time we won't be dealing with any third parties.
    I really love Song of Times and would highly recommend this new package since the album is part of it. I don't need the other stuff since I've already bought the album, but if you like Starcastle check out the demos.
    Good to hear they are working on new material, and I think the past and present members honor the legacy very well. There are times on Song of Times I think I'm listening to updated versions of older songs(in a good way).
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    I really love Song of Times and would highly recommend this new package since the album is part of it. I don't need the other stuff since I've already bought the album, but if you like Starcastle check out the demos.
    Good to hear they are working on new material, and I think the past and present members honor the legacy very well. There are times on Song of Times I think I'm listening to updated versions of older songs(in a good way).
    I'll second the love for Song Of Times. I still play it regularly.

I'll check the website for the new on. Hopefully it'll be easy enough to get a copy sent to Britain.

Jeeze that is so sad to hear. Sounds similar to the Be Bop Deluxe story.