Quote Originally Posted by Squids View Post
I agree. To me, NDV, Martin Levac and Simon Collins would be top choices. Again, that's because of the Genesis music Hackett plays. It would ideally have a certain Phil Collins feel to it. There are a lot of great drummers that would be fantastic. Very few have that PC feel and dynamic. Just my opinion but I know some of you agree. That said, this thread, at least in title, is about Craig getting the gig. So, not take anything away from him. I'm sure he's thrilled and good for him! Maybe he'll show that he's just as Collinsy as these other guys OR perhaps show that it doesn't need to be so Collinsy. Depends on what Steve wants too as it's his band. We can only have our opinions as people in the audience. I know what and who I'd like to see behind the kit. If it can't be Phil himself (sadly his drumming days are over) then someone who can deliver a similar sound and vibe would be ideal to me. But, with Marco and Craig being two of the top in-demand Prog drummers right now he certainly can't go wrong with that!
IMO Craig can be more of a chameleon than Marco, so he's probably a better choice. But it's true that Phil had a distinct style and vibe to his playing that anyone will be hard pressed to match, and Steve seems to like replicating that 70s sound rather than coming up with something new. So congrats Craig, and good luck!