Thread: Cheap Mint Thrills

Cheap Mint Thrills

The last couple of years I lost (nearly) completely the pleasure of buying CD's, but I rediscovered the pleasure of buying vynil. What I like especially is talking to the vendors who are in general passionate and I just like the smell of record shops and going through the shelves. When I started back again I bought a bit of everything and sometimes in a bad shape too. I also ordered from Discogs vendors and got two records in a VG+ shape but with ripped of parts of the cover which wasn't mentionned. So I stopped buying through the net.
    Recently I started looking for near mint (or mint) vynils that a not rare but often cheap and in a great shape. I realized that, if the cover is a in an excellent shape the records are often too.
    Last week I foud a great near mint copy of Oregon's In Performance (German Elektra /Asylum )
    Dieter Moebius : "Art people like things they don’t understand!"

Same here, I bought a turntable last year ( I sold the previous one 30 years ago) and rediscovered the pleasures of my vinyl collection which had been languishing in my loft. In the UK there are quite a few used vinyl shops in the Midlands where I live and I love trawling through them looking for bargains. It reminds me of my teenage years!
    In the UK charity shops can sometimes be a good place to find good stuff if you are willing to wade through all the easy listening crap that they always seem to have. Recently, I found very dusty but excellent copies of Three Sides Live by Genesis, Incantations by Mike Oldfield, Sky and Sky 2 plus Vangelis Greatest Hits for £20!