Thread: Advice About Lakewood / Tom's River NJ

Advice About Lakewood / Tom's River NJ

I have bought a ticket for the Strawb's 50th Concerts at the Strand Theater in Lakewood, NJ for next April 26 - 28th 2019.
    Have been looking at lodging in the area.....Can any of you locals recommend where to stay? It looks like no lodging within walking distance....any towns to favor? or avoid? Hotel reviews vary widely....a lot of BAD reviews.
    I'm flying in from Seattle so thinking about staying a week before and after to justify the trip....you hear of any significant gigs in the NE around that time? By significant I mean Prog. I just returned from Progstock and also attended IQ in Canada and Accordo dei Contrari in DC......it was 3,500 miles of Driving After the 5,600 miles of flights...so distance from Lakewood, NJ is not really an issue.....unless the weather is iffy in April.
    Thanks for any info.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

April should be decent weather and the beginnings of spring weather. April showers and all that.

there may be interesting proggy type gigs in DC or Baltimore then, but I can't tell you of any NOW; it's much too early.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.