Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 259

Thread: NEAL MORSE BAND: The Great Adventure - January 25 2019

  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Cool news about Flying Colors!
    Any current news out there on Steve Morse and his wrist issues?

  2. #52
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,241
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    Any current news out there on Steve Morse and his wrist issues?
    No updates but he's good enough to play in Mike's house with Neal, Casey and Dave. Tour dates would confirm he's 100% though!!! I like their first LP a lot but that second one was simply killer stuff.
    Prog's Not Dead

  3. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    First video from the album:

    Wow! Killer song!

  4. #54
    They're coming to Cleveland, I'm thinking about going.

  5. #55
    Member rickawakeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Posts
    417
    Just grabbed tix for Boston, so we have a couple of great shows to celebrate Valentine's Day (Joe Jackson at the Shubert as well) that week!

  6. #56
    Rehashing themes recurring music etc.
    I find people are lil to nitpicky on things ,When artists discovers there sound.
    Then changes it it sounds awful ,ie example Haken Affinity.
    I do not want Neal go against grain that obscure.

    But whole point of prog is to progress?
    Yes within the musical structure of what being played ,Not within creation process.
    I will always be like this,People get tired of recycled stuff .
    Stop going to movies paying to see ,Spiderman 99 and batman 62 or superman 200
    Or Iron Man and avengers 76 ,As all that is recycle rehashed also.

  7. #57
    Member beano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Huntersville , NC
    Posts
    187
    Thinking of going in Charlotte NC in Feb 2019..only $30-35 per ticket..

  8. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by vis4victor View Post
    Rehashing themes recurring music etc.
    I find people are lil to nitpicky on things ,When artists discovers there sound.
    Then changes it it sounds awful ,ie example Haken Affinity.
    I do not want Neal go against grain that obscure.

    But whole point of prog is to progress?
    Yes within the musical structure of what being played ,Not within creation process.
    I will always be like this,People get tired of recycled stuff .
    Stop going to movies paying to see ,Spiderman 99 and batman 62 or superman 200
    Or Iron Man and avengers 76 ,As all that is recycle rehashed also.
    Meh. Entertainment is entertainment. And btw, Superman 199 focking ROCKED.

  9. #59
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Parlin, New Jersey
    Posts
    1,437
    the second video from the album.......


  10. #60
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Parlin, New Jersey
    Posts
    1,437
    THE GREAT ADVENTURE

    Disc I:
    Chapter 1 (12:50)
    1. Overture
    2. The Dream Isn’t Over
    Chapter 2 (23:48)
    3. Welcome To The World
    4. A Momentary Change
    5. Dark Melody
    6. I Got To Run
    7. To The River
    Chapter 3 (17:59)
    8. The Great Adventure
    9. Venture In Black
    10. Hey Ho Let’s Go
    11. Beyond The Borders

    Disc II:
    Chapter 4 (18:13)
    1. Overture 2
    2. Long Ago
    3. The Dream Continues
    4. Fighting With Destiny
    5. Vanity Fair
    Chapter 5 (30:57)
    6. Welcome To The World 2
    7. The Element Of Fear
    8. Child Of Wonder
    9. The Great Despair
    10. Freedom Calling
    11. A Love That Never Dies

  11. #61
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Marietta GA
    Posts
    114
    I saw The Dixie Dreggs earlier this year....great show! Steve’s wrist seemed fine. He was wearing a brace, but his playing was fantastic!!! Looking forward to to this new Neal Morse, as well as the new Flying Colors! I’ll be at the Atlanta show in February...saw them (NMB) last year and they were great!!
    So much music....so little time....

  12. #62
    Member beano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Huntersville , NC
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by beano View Post
    Thinking of going in Charlotte NC in Feb 2019..only $30-35 per ticket..
    I went ahead and bought a ticket..Seating in front of stage(13 rows) best seat assigned at purchase..exact seat/row TBD at will call..Looking forward to the show and venue..

    https://www.neighborhoodtheatre.com/...and-charlotte/

    If any of you CLT area folks are going, drop me a line..Would be great to meet up for a drink or dinner and who knows, what else ??
    Last edited by beano; 12-20-2018 at 07:08 PM.

  13. #63
    Progdog ThomasKDye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Vallejo, CA
    Posts
    552
    Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    Has there ever been a band that has used the same album cover twice?
    Queen A Night at the Opera/A Day at the Races... sorta?

    Gentle Giant - Gentle Giant/Three Friends (USA version - not the band's idea I would guess)

    Guns 'n' Roses - Use Your Illusion (which I guess was sort of a double album or whatever)

    I'm starting to think this was a rhetorical question...
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

  14. #64
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    417
    Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    Has there ever been a band that has used the same album cover twice?
    If this is any indication, I fear this album is going to be slightly overkill. A double album sequel to a double album? Really ? I loved the first 2 Neal Morse band albums which I thought were a return to form, but knowing Morse's tendency to repeat himself, this new album does not bode well IMO. Hope I'll be proven wrong though...
    Not just a Genesis fanboy.

  15. #65
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Parlin, New Jersey
    Posts
    1,437
    Quote Originally Posted by LeFrog View Post
    If this is any indication, I fear this album is going to be slightly overkill. A double album sequel to a double album? Really ? I loved the first 2 Neal Morse band albums which I thought were a return to form, but knowing Morse's tendency to repeat himself, this new album does not bode well IMO. Hope I'll be proven wrong though...
    i agree. they are forcing themselves into a corner. i noticed by the track list that the whole thing is divided into 5 large pieces- similar to the Testimony CD's. where TSOOD was a continuous array of individual songs segued together. hopefully the cover will only be the thing repeated. these long scale concepts can make or break and album. the previous was successful. the other problem is they will tour performing the whole album.... again! the problem with playing more new stuff is you get less old stuff. Neal has a great catalog of great songs the fans wanna hear live... since he plays for 2.5 hours and the new album is just under 2 hours.

  16. #66
    Insect Overlord Progatron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    southern Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,205
    Quote Originally Posted by BravadoNJ View Post
    the problem with playing more new stuff is you get less old stuff. Neal has a great catalog of great songs the fans wanna hear live... since he plays for 2.5 hours and the new album is just under 2 hours.
    In the case of Similitude, which was so strong, playing the entire album was a good thing IMO. I loved that show when I saw it. If this new one is as good as that, I would guess that the show will be equally enjoyable, and there's always the encore for a few back catalogue favourites. The other advantage to a completely new set list is the inevitable live release will not have any repeats from previous ones (other than the aforementioned encore songs.)
    Two boys have been found rubbing linseed oil into the school cormorant.

  17. #67
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    417
    Quote Originally Posted by BravadoNJ View Post
    i agree. they are forcing themselves into a corner. i noticed by the track list that the whole thing is divided into 5 large pieces- similar to the Testimony CD's. where TSOOD was a continuous array of individual songs segued together. hopefully the cover will only thing repeated
    Knowing Neal he won't help quoting themes from Similitude here and there since this is going to be a sequel. Let's just hope he keeps it to a minimum since Similitude itself was already packed with recurring themes.
    As for the 5 large pieces, I though Testimony sounded more like a string of short songs organized into chapters for the sake of the story, rather than 5 bona fide epics. I would bet it will be the same here, so in fact it might not be so different from Similitude.
    Not just a Genesis fanboy.

  18. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by vis4victor View Post
    Rehashing themes recurring music etc.
    I find people are lil to nitpicky on things ,When artists discovers there sound.
    Then changes it it sounds awful ,ie example Haken Affinity.
    I do not want Neal go against grain that obscure.

    But whole point of prog is to progress?
    Yes within the musical structure of what being played ,Not within creation process.
    I will always be like this,People get tired of recycled stuff .
    Stop going to movies paying to see ,Spiderman 99 and batman 62 or superman 200
    Or Iron Man and avengers 76 ,As all that is recycle rehashed also.
    As far as I'm concerned, this falls under the umbrella of "comfort" entertainment. I like a ribeye steak because it's a familiar favorite. I'd rather it didn't taste different the next time I eat it. Same goes for music like this. I just like it. I'm not looking for my mind to be blown. I'm not looking to see how many awards it won. I frankly only care about my own enjoyment. Period.

    That said, I think there could be a lighter touch on the drums, but I digress.
    No matter what anyone says, you are the decider of how you will listen to music.

  19. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasKDye View Post
    Queen A Night at the Opera/A Day at the Races... sorta?

    Gentle Giant - Gentle Giant/Three Friends (USA version - not the band's idea I would guess)

    Guns 'n' Roses - Use Your Illusion (which I guess was sort of a double album or whatever)

    I'm starting to think this was a rhetorical question...

    Bowie-- Heroes and The Next Day

    Lou Reed-- Transformer and Blue Mask

  20. #70
    Studmuffin Scott Bails's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Near Philly, PA
    Posts
    4,048
    Quote Originally Posted by Splicer View Post
    That said, I think there could be a lighter touch on the drums, but I digress.
    Not gonna happen, unfortunately.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

  21. #71
    Occipital Provocatee Plasmatopia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Plague Sanctuary, Vermont
    Posts
    1,088
    Let's hope Neal was in tears for the right reasons.
    Just sitting at home rocking back and forth and jealously caressing my invisible collection of theoretical assets.

  22. #72
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    417
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    Let's hope Neal was in tears for the right reasons.
    As far as I know he's easily in tears so I don't think this is any indication.
    Not just a Genesis fanboy.

  23. #73
    Occipital Provocatee Plasmatopia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Plague Sanctuary, Vermont
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by LeFrog View Post
    As far as I know he's easily in tears so I don't think this is any indication.
    Good point.
    Just sitting at home rocking back and forth and jealously caressing my invisible collection of theoretical assets.

  24. #74
    Neal Morse Is Back on The Great Adventure in 2019

    http://www.soundpress.net/files-arts...-12-25-nmb.php
    We're Bringing Back the JESUS ROCK! New Song from the Rich Lynch Band!!! --- It's our miraculous track about a rock and the music we once discovered in the Holy Land!

  25. #75
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Parlin, New Jersey
    Posts
    1,437
    recent interview, just sharing.......


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •