Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Full Kate Bush Catalog Remaster/Vinyl Release!

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Picked up Box 2 tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by gojikranz View Post
    the big sky is the 7" mix on the album now. so the album mix is missing.

the main things missing are some bonus tracks from this woman's work box set: The Empty Bullring, Not This Time, Ken. as well as the live EP. I don't own that boxset so can't speak to those tracks essentialness or not but the live EP is fairly enjoyable not too hard to track down on vinyl if you need it though.

then it is missing more recent remixes of red shoes tracks from their respective singles but not a huge loss.
    Oh yes...Shoedance...(shudder)

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Sorry if this has already been addressed above, but what is the point of having rarities discs of 31 and 36 minutes each rather than all on one disc?

Quote Originally Posted by rickawakeman View Post
    Sorry if this has already been addressed above, but what is the point of having rarities discs of 31 and 36 minutes each rather than all on one disc?
    I would guess that was done so the CD and vinyl packages would match. But even for vinyl those are short timings, which makes it even more baffling that they would do an almost-comprehensive set like this and leave out such significant tracks as "The Empty Bullring" and "Not This Time." (I am not familiar with "Ken.")

"Ken" is a comic synth-rock/AOR pastiche. It was actually made for a Comic Strip Presents parody of Charles Bronson-style action film - about Ken Livingstone! It's rather a slight song, IMO, but it's still strange that they would choose to leave it out. If anything, they could have included all of the cues she wrote for that episode.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    I would guess that was done so the CD and vinyl packages would match. But even for vinyl those are short timings, which makes it even more baffling that they would do an almost-comprehensive set like this and leave out such significant tracks as "The Empty Bullring" and "Not This Time." (I am not familiar with "Ken.")
    Probably for some reason Kate didn't want to include those tracks. RE: The Empty Bullring, I'm thinking it has to do with her lyrics. Maybe because there was very little bullfighting ever in Italy, but she seems to imply the title character is an Italian bullfighter. Or maybe she just doesn't want to reference bullfighting at all. Would love to find some explanation for it in an interview...
    "Of course you are allowed to trumpet your profound ignorance by disagreeing with me." -- Facelift

The box has arrived. That was pretty good, only took about a week to get here from France. I suppose I'll be spending some time with it tonight.

is this virtually the same as This Woman's Work collection?
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Of course, there are newer albums that weren't included in the earlier box set. If you read all the posts, you'll see that there are also some "rarities" that weren't in This Woman's Work, and some that were in that box that aren't in the new releases. I'm not getting the new stuff, I have enough of KB's rarities.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    is this virtually the same as This Woman's Work collection?
    Here's all the info:

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/ne...s-of-box-sets/
    "Of course you are allowed to trumpet your profound ignorance by disagreeing with me." -- Facelift