Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Full Kate Bush Catalog Remaster/Vinyl Release!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

Full Kate Bush Catalog Remaster/Vinyl Release!

I guess it's finally coming! It's in the trees!

http://katebush.com/news/album-remas...nd-rare-tracks

It's coming…

Hmm.. of course the rare tracks are in the second CD box (that I otherwhise would not have bought)

I'm mostly just excited to have all of Kate's albums in two easy-to find (in my house!) box sets.

Kate Bush Its not Prog but excelent Pop Rock.

of course the bonus discs are not truly exhaustive but still nice to have a good uniform collection.

Quote Originally Posted by tonissive View Post
    Or Prog Pop Rock?

SW must be green with envy

and yet, in my experience, people who like pop don't enjoy her music, but people who like prog do. (at least here in the states)

was it really so important for you to state your opinion of how you categorize Kate's music?

ok, if you are 12 years old you're excused
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

THE OTHER SIDE 1

Walk Straight Down The Middle
    You Want Alchemy
    Be Kind To My Mistakes
    Lyra
    Under The Ivy
    Experiment IV
    Ne T’Enfuis Pas
    Un Baiser D’Enfant
    Burning Bridge
    Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God) 2012 Remix

THE OTHER SIDE 2

Home For Christmas
    One Last Look Around The House Before We Go
    I’m Still Waiting
    Warm And Soothing
    Show A Little Devotion
    Passing Through Air
    Humming
    Ran Tan Waltz

I have many of these but it would be nice to have them collected together and remastered on 2 discs
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Yes, those other sides would be nice to have. I guess it's the vinyl set I will have to buy then.

Man, I wish those B-sides and extras were split up by era instead of tacked onto the second box. If those aren't offered seperately, I'll be a sad boy, I don't have a strong desire to have remasters of albums that sound fine as is.
    A vie, a mort, et apres...

Re: Steve Wilson, in a recent TV interview, he said that he would love to tackle remixing Kate's catalog. Looks like he missed the boat!

Quote Originally Posted by jazz2896 View Post
    Man, I wish those B-sides and extras were split up by era instead of tacked onto the second box. If those aren't offered seperately, I'll be a sad boy, I don't have a strong desire to have remasters of albums that sound fine as is.
    I'm with you on this one. I was thinking I might be persuaded if the box wasn't too expensive, but I'm not going to fork out the £99.99 they're asking for it.

I ordered both CD boxes from Amazon UK. The first box says #1 Bestseller - good for you, Kate! Will be interesting to see if the prices on these change at all. That artwork for the boxes is pretty strange, unless it's just placeholder art. Fits in with the "Fish People" look, but pretty random really. Whatever, I'll just be glad to have these all since for some stupid reason I sold off some of my original KB CDs back in the 90s.

I have most of the B-sides/Extras stuff, but I would have bought a set that was separate from the later albums. Oh well...

I am so, so very into this. 4 vinyl boxsets, here I come.

Quote Originally Posted by yesman1955 View Post
    Re: Steve Wilson, in a recent TV interview, he said that he would love to tackle remixing Kate's catalog. Looks like he missed the boat!
    He said in an interview that she turned him down.

James Guthrie is listed as 'Sound Consultant, Mastering' on 'Before The Dawn', which does not fill me with hope, irrespective of his other accomplishments.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve983 View Post
    He said in an interview that she turned him down.
    She lurks on the Hoffman forums and took their criticisms to heart.

I guess Kate was only interested in remastering her albums, rather than letting SW or someone else re-mix them. Maybe he costs more than she was willing to pay. By the way, James Guthrie was the go-to sound engineer for PF & RW for years, whatever that's worth.

I had preordered these both from Amazon.co.uk, and then today got a sort of weird email saying they had a further price reduction if you ordered both together, but to get that reduction (a little less than a 15 UK pound reduction) I'd need to cancel my order and place a new one. Amazon.co.uk is supposed have the price guarantee, so I have no idea why they'd require this. I tried creating a new order for these and it WASN'T giving me that extra discount! Anyway, I then checked and Amazon.com now has these for preorder, and with Amazon Prime the cost is only like $2 more than what I would have paid Amazon.co.uk but I'll get them sooner.

But that email seemed weird. I looked at the links in the email and they don't seem fraudulent. If anyone places a new preorder for these from Amazon.co.uk I'd be interested to know if it does somehow give you that extra discount. Maybe it only happens AFTER you place the order?

I had a look and if I order Vol 1 and 2 together, I save £14.99 (for a total of £139.99). Or I can pre-order all four vinyl sets and save £34.97 (£324.99).

CD box 1 arriving tomorrow!

Man though, the cover art for the boxes looks godawful! I wish she or whoever had thought a bit about what her fans would want. They seem really ugly and random.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    picked up Box 1 friday, listened to the first two discs so far, they sound great!

Quote Originally Posted by rickawakeman View Post
    picked up Box 1 friday, listened to the first two discs so far, they sound great!
    Cool! How are they as far as credits, liner notes, original artwork, etc?