Thread: Revibe - a "jam" band proggers would probably like

Revibe - a "jam" band proggers would probably like

Revibe is getting ready to release their second album. I believe this will be 4 different tracks on 2 discs.

I'm not that much of a fan of long, drawn-out improved stuff and these guys have generally kept their stuff pithy so I'm really looking forward to this.

But they need help...

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/p...second-album#/
    <sig out of order>

I'm curious, but would like to hear some of their music first. What's their first album called? Google is proving to be unhelpful for me.

You can find their first album here. https://revibevt.bandcamp.com/album/...d-in-fiction-2

My son is one of the drummers on the debut album, but he was in the process of leaving the band as the recording was being done. Sounds like this new one will be a bit more polished.
    <sig out of order>

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    You can find their first album here. https://revibevt.bandcamp.com/album/...d-in-fiction-2

My son is one of the drummers on the debut album, but he was in the process of leaving the band as the recording was being done. Sounds like this new one will be a bit more polished.
    Thanks!

And that's really cool your son played drums with them. Does he still play in any other groups?

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Thanks!

And that's really cool your son played drums with them. Does he still play in any other groups?
    No, not really. He has a daughter now and spent the last year going through a divorce. He's finally starting to settle back into a good place where he might have some time to dedicate to a band one of these days. I was able to convince him to fill in with one of the bands I was playing in this past summer which was a fun experience.

Whenever you hear anything on that first album with double kick drum that's him.
    <sig out of order>

No, not really. He has a daughter now and spent the last year going through a divorce. He's finally starting to settle back into a good place where he might have some time to dedicate to a band one of these days. I was able to convince him to fill in with one of the bands I was playing in this past summer which was a fun experience.

Whenever you hear anything on that first album with double kick drum that's him.
    Ah man, I'm sorry to hear that about the divorce. I hope he's doing as well as can be expected at least.

It's nice you were able to get him to fill in with your band though; that was probably helpful too. Actually, I'm playing in a band with my father currently.

And I will be listening for the double kick drum on that first Revibe album.

He's quite happy about the divorce and now has the house to himself....master of his domain. He also just met a very nice lady he's been dating for a couple months. So all is well!

The two gigs he played with our steel band this summer were a new challenge for him. He had to learn soca, Bossa nova, and reggae ("one drop"). We were all shocked at how well he learned all our tunes. We have other people who have filled in several times who never remembered where all the "hits" were supposed to be, etc. It makes all the difference.

It makes for some great memories for me. As of last week, I've quit both bands I was playing with.
    <sig out of order>

Love the groove on this cover:

https://revibevt.bandcamp.com/track/fame
    <sig out of order>

First sample from the upcoming album. Vocals are a bit reminiscent of Richard Sinclair. In fact I get a Canterbury vibe in parts of this:

https://revibevt.bandcamp.com/album/...zYz1clPw2Z48lg
    <sig out of order>

The new album is now available for streaming. A huge step up from their first album. I'm really liking this stuff:

https://revibevt.bandcamp.com/album/...ou-are-the-sky
    <sig out of order>

I'm hoping to make it to this show next week where Revibe opens for Consider The Source:

https://www.artsriot.com/events/considerthesource
    <sig out of order>

In case anyone is still interested:

I attended the final Revibe show last Saturday night. Most of the guys are moving out of the area and moving on to the next stage of life. This last show was both a farewell and a reunion. My son had to work hard over the last couple months to get his chops back in order in preparation. They played their entire first album (which my son played on) which was cool. With the benefit of hindsight they were able to tweak a lot of the tunes to fix what didn't work so well. The show was recorded, so I'm hoping it gets released on their Bandcamp page.

I completely understand the reasoning....it's so hard to make a career in music....but having known these guys for a few years now I get a bit choked up when their tunes come up while shuffling through the music library.
    <sig out of order>

In case anyone is still interested:

I attended the final Revibe show last Saturday night. Most of the guys are moving out of the area and moving on to the next stage of life. This last show was both a farewell and a reunion. My son had to work hard over the last couple months to get his chops back in order in preparation. They played their entire first album (which my son played on) which was cool. With the benefit of hindsight they were able to tweak a lot of the tunes to fix what didn't work so well. The show was recorded, so I'm hoping it gets released on their Bandcamp page.

I completely understand the reasoning....it's so hard to make a career in music....but having known these guys for a few years now I get a bit choked up when their tunes come up while shuffling through the music library.
    Just read this thread from top to bottom, thank you so much for sharing this journey, not only of your son but the band as well.
    It's difficult to keep a young band together, people grow apart and those things they shared in common are no longer the same, people get married, move to a new area, etc.
    This story is repeated often in the music world, I remember a similar story with our band Plastic Hammer in the early 70's, but we only played 2 live gigs(a festival and a battle of the bands at the local junior college where we came in 2nd(not bad for original material).
    Although my best friend Darel passed away we remained steadfast friends for 50 years and Marv(bass) and I are still in close contact and have collaborated on a few tuneages via the internet due to me being in Florida and he in California.

As far as your son goes, he'll always have memories that he will cherish for the rest of his life, and one never knows they may get back to collaborate 10 15 or 20 years from now.
    I'm happy to hear his life has settled down after the divorce and he's in a good place(mentally).

I listened to a few tunes and I think they did a great job, and it's wonderful they have a finished product to always have to show for their time together, full of hard work and lot's of creativity.

Thanks again for posting this journey and the story of the band and your son.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Just read this thread from top to bottom, thank you so much for sharing this journey, not only of your son but the band as well.
    It's difficult to keep a young band together, people grow apart and those things they shared in common are no longer the same, people get married, move to a new area, etc.
    This story is repeated often in the music world, I remember a similar story with our band Plastic Hammer in the early 70's, but we only played 2 live gigs(a festival and a battle of the bands at the local junior college where we came in 2nd(not bad for original material).
    Although my best friend Darel passed away we remained steadfast friends for 50 years and Marv(bass) and I are still in close contact and have collaborated on a few tuneages via the internet due to me being in Florida and he in California.

As far as your son goes, he'll always have memories that he will cherish for the rest of his life, and one never knows they may get back to collaborate 10 15 or 20 years from now.
    I'm happy to hear his life has settled down after the divorce and he's in a good place(mentally).

I listened to a few tunes and I think they did a great job, and it's wonderful they have a finished product to always have to show for their time together, full of hard work and lot's of creativity.

Thanks again for posting this journey and the story of the band and your son.

Thanks so much for taking the time to read, listen, and comment. Like your situation, I'm sure my son will stay in touch with these guys for a long time to come. They truly are a great group of guys, which (from my own experience) seems a rarity when it comes to bands. Every guy in the band was really nice, there were no egos causing problems, they were all able to contribute ideas, face constructive criticisms, etc. They're all around 30 years old and the pressure is on to start "real careers", families, etc.

To update my son's situation, his new girlfriend just moved in and they seem quite happy. She's very supportive and is awesome with my granddaughter. My son also started working at the same company where my wife and I work. It's great being able to see him more often. I don't think he'll jump into another band anytime soon. Life is just too busy for him at this point. I'm hoping (somewhat selfishly, I admit) he'll put together a recording setup for his drums over the next couple years and at least collaborate with me and maybe his old bandmates too.
    <sig out of order>