Hello PE ers!

I have been reading this forum for years, and have always loved the discussions. I have been turned on to so many great artists from these pages - Cardiacs, Bob Drake, Magma, Penguin Cafe Orchestra, Bill Nelson, just to name a few (whew what a list!).

I wanted to let you know that I have recently released my first album. Titled "Serafine", this music is the soundtrack to the audiobook for a middle grade novel I have written called "Serafine Learns to Sing". In this story, a young girl emerges from trauma by re-engaging with the natural world and leanring about music. She learns about melody from wolves, rhythm from insects, and harmony from whales. You can hear her story told in music in these recordings.

I played all the instruments, recorded, mixed, and mastered it all myself. My daughter sings improvised vocals on one track. Overall, the music is greatly influenced by Anthony Phillips, Tindersticks, Penguin Cafe Orchestra, and Stewart Copeland.

I greatly respect the opinions of this forum, and have enjoyed listening to music I found here for years. I hope you can find some time to take a listen. Here's a bandcamp link, but you can find it everywhere you get digital music. Again, look for Timothy Simmons, "Serafine". By the way, the label that is releasing it is called Hungry Hour Music. It's a new label for independent and experimental music, and they have a few other cool releases you might like. I particularly love Android Invasion.

And now that I have put myself out there, I hope to join in some discussions!

https://timothysimmons.bandcamp.com/album/serafine