Thread: Water 1975-1976, Dutch band

Water 1975-1976, Dutch band

Hi folks,

Just picked up 2 albums by the prog band Water.

Only 2 albums in their discovery:...

The Second Day - 1975
    Damburst - 1976

Certain elements remind me of Supertramp and why these were classed as Progressive.

Highly recommended band indeed!... Very much prog!... Though their first album is more Folk/Soul/Pop/Prog related

Big thumbs from me!

Damburst is pretty cool. Supertramp is indeed an obvious influence, as are Pink Floyd and maybe the Moody Blues. Vocals remind me of Roger Daltrey a bit. Probably the most harmonica I’ve ever heard on a prog album. If you’re familiar at all with the album Pictures From Cyclus 7 by the Danish band Ache, it’s similar in many respects to that.

It’s been a long time since I last heard The Second Day, but I didn’t think it was anything very special. The female vocalist was rather good, though.
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

I have The Second Day, it's a pleasant record but nothing special. I remember that the harmonica on Damburst put me off while I first listened to it. Will recheck if it works better, upon your recommendations.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    Damburst is pretty cool. Supertramp is indeed an obvious influence, as are Pink Floyd and maybe the Moody Blues. Vocals remind me of Roger Daltrey a bit. Probably the most harmonica I’ve ever heard on a prog album. If you’re familiar at all with the album Pictures From Cyclus 7 by the Danish band Ache, it’s similar in many respects to that.

It’s been a long time since I last heard The Second Day, but I didn’t think it was anything very special. The female vocalist was rather good, though.
    Played this 3 times now and loving both albums

Will check out Pictures From Cycles 7 by the Danish band Ache

Quote Originally Posted by spacefreak View Post
    I remember that the harmonica on Damburst put me off while I first listened to it. Will recheck if it works better, upon your recommendations.
    In retrospect, probably more like Barclay James Harvest than the Moodies. They have a similarly melancholic ethic.
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Never saw that the first album was released on CD in 1991: https://www.discogs.com/Water-The-Se...lease/11646313

Anyway, I prefer the second one:

This is my 3rd listen of both albums and agree about Barclay James Harvest similarities.