Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Nektar new album and Tour 2018

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Mo, what will the new band's name be? Or have you not decided yet?
    I can't reply in Mo's name but it's hard to imagine anything else than Nektar (or "Old Nektar" ?)

YYYYEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!!!!

Thanks for the update, Mo. It's been a long time. Welcome back!
    Hear! Hear!
    "If you want to see the true nature of humanity, just look at the internet."

http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

So we get 2 Nektars? Just like there were 2 versions of Barclay James Harvest and there was some conflict about using the name Jane?

Woo...HOO!
    Ring the bells, that still can ring,
    Forget your perfect offering.
    There is a crack - a crack in everything.
    That's how the light gets in.

Great news Mo and Mick!
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Hard to say what I am most anxious for, NEKTAR recording & back on the road or the new MLB season. Decisions, decisions...
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    So we get 2 Nektars? Just like there were 2 versions of Barclay James Harvest and there was some conflict about using the name Jane?
    This is the problem. The band on the road now should not have Nektar in its name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rapidfirerob View Post
    This is the problem. The band on the road now should not have Nektar in its name.
    Problem is, there's already a band called Ambrosia.

Didn't they already change their name to "New Nektar"? Kinda ridiculous regardless when the "official" Nektar is still around. Just as long as there is no "Nektar featuring John Payne".

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    Didn't they already change their name to "New Nektar"? Kinda ridiculous regardless when the "official" Nektar is still around. Just as long as there is no "Nektar featuring John Payne".
    Agreed. They're a tribute band playing some of their new music. Nektar should not be in the name at all.

Agreed. They're a tribute band playing some of their new music. Nektar should not be in the name at all.
    No doubt. They can call themselves The Kings of Twilight (if not already taken) or something along those lines using a song title.
    The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone.

I also agree with this name thing , the name "New Nekar" sounded reasonable to me until the announcement of the upcoming album from the real Nektar , which of course includes Mo Moore Ron Howden Mick Brockett , all original members of the band.

This lineup calling themselves "New Nektar" needs to change their name if they decide to go forward as a band.

Quote Originally Posted by mochester View Post
    Hey Guys

I think it is great that the "new Nektar" are out there playing our music live. It keeps it alive and well.

Meanwhile we (Nektar) are in the studio writing music for a new album. That is myself, Derek Moore -Mo bass-vocals, Ron Howden Drums percussion-vocals, Ryche Chlanda guitar and vocals, Kendall Scott, keyboards, Randy Dembo - Bass, 12 string and bass pedals, Mick Brockett Lightshow, Scott Krentz percussion vocals. Lyrics by Rich Chlanda, Mo Moore and Mick Brockett the old Nektar lyric team
    We should be playing out and about by October with a new album and spot touring I will keep you all posted where and when

Great to be back

Mo
    Oh man, awesome!

Thanks for the update.

Welcome back Mo. I look forward to Nektar's return.
    -Fred

Mo just posted session photos on the Nektar FB page.
    The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone.

Great News on all fronts!

Update 3 8 2019

New Music is coming along nicely, very Nektar. Lots of music left from 1978 and lots of new within it. I am very happy with it. Band is myself (Mo) Bass/ vocals, Ron, Drums percussion and banging stuff and vocals, Ryche Chlanda, Guitars, vocals, Kendall Scott, keyboards of all kinds, Randy Dembo, bass, bass pedals, 12 string, Mick Brockett Lightshow. Mo/Mick/Ryche lyrics and word stuff. 1st album from Anthology is due out in April covering some live concerts from the early days 70/72. Nice cover from Holitzka one of our 2 artists from back in the day. He did most of our posters and Wenske our album covers. This cover is from the Holitzka Nektar collection. You will love it. New album scheduled for January - tentatively titled "The Other Side" will have a Wenske cover. I will try to keep you posted. Having trouble posting pictures here so look for our facebook stuff and we are newly on instagram. If somebody can tell me how to post pictures I will do so. Love this site

Thanks for the update , Mo . I am looking forward to the new album and other music that you ad the and will be releasing.

Quote Originally Posted by mochester View Post
    Update 3 8 2019

New Music is coming along nicely, very Nektar. Lots of music left from 1978 and lots of new within it. I am very happy with it. Band is myself (Mo) Bass/ vocals, Ron, Drums percussion and banging stuff and vocals, Ryche Chlanda, Guitars, vocals, Kendall Scott, keyboards of all kinds, Randy Dembo, bass, bass pedals, 12 string, Mick Brockett Lightshow. Mo/Mick/Ryche lyrics and word stuff. 1st album from Anthology is due out in April covering some live concerts from the early days 70/72. Nice cover from Holitzka one of our 2 artists from back in the day. He did most of our posters and Wenske our album covers. This cover is from the Holitzka Nektar collection. You will love it. New album scheduled for January - tentatively titled "The Other Side" will have a Wenske cover. I will try to keep you posted. Having trouble posting pictures here so look for our facebook stuff and we are newly on instagram. If somebody can tell me how to post pictures I will do so. Love this site
    Great news Mo. I will patiently wait for all the musical goodies.

Count me in!
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

Thanks, Mo!

Am I gonna have to make another trip to Morristown from Pittsburgh?

Thanks, Mo!

Am I gonna have to make another trip to Morristown from Pittsburgh?
    Maybe we will come to you

New Anthology Album coming out April

In April the first of the Live Anthology series comes out with liner notes by me (Mo) and Mick and a great cover by "Holly" Holitzka

First of many Nektar Anthology releases

November 11 1970 Darmstadt Schlosskeller
    May15 1971 Darmstadt LGG Schule part one and 2
    September 27 1972 Darmstadt Otto Berndt Halle
    April 13 1973 Hardheim Erftal Halle part 1 and 2
    5 cdís
    NEKTAR_COVER.jpg

Where do I preorder? Amazon doesn't list it...

Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    Where do I preorder? Amazon doesn't list it...
    I will get the info and post it