Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FEATURED CD: Circus - Movin' On

Love it
    Based on my data. this album is one of my top 11 albums ever. (Allthough I have not heard it completely for some time).
    What I recall it has a perfect balance between, symphonic prog and jazz fusion elements.
    Last edited by Progmatic; 02-18-2013 at 09:46 AM.

Marco Cerletti went on to release one of the very first Chapman Stick albums, 'Random and Providence'. Great instrumental prog on the mellow side. Aural Moon has it in their library. He kind of dropped off the radar after that. I think I heard he had health problems.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffCarney View Post
    I like the Hitland, which might not be legit but it seems like just a straight vinyl rip. Never heard the Decoder but the Cod CD was huge disappointment when I tracked it down.
    The Decoder one is supposed to be from the masters, and I think it sounds fine. I have the original record as well. I might try to compare one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Romerovm View Post
    The Decoder one is supposed to be from the masters, and I think it sounds fine. I have the original record as well. I might try to compare one day.
    Yes, I think we're talking about the same CD.

If you compare your CD with the vinyl I think you'll find that the CD is overly EQd. Nice that they had masters, but way too much salt in the stew for me.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffCarney View Post
    Yes, I think we're talking about the same CD.

If you compare your CD with the vinyl I think you'll find that the CD is overly EQd. Nice that they had masters, but way too much salt in the stew for me.
    It has been a couple of years since I heard it, so my opinion may change, but I thought it sounded fine then.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunhillow View Post
    The other 3 albums are really good too, with the live-album having all original compositions
    The live one, "Circus All-Stars Live" is fantastic

"Drvin Wheel" is a great song, as well as having a chorus that is an earworm of epic proportions

Desperately needs a CD reissue w/ bonus tracks

Vicky?

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

I know the multitrack tapes for the live album were thrown away by Zytglogge. Not sure if the stereo master tapes exist any longer. Maybe Vicky can find out.

Quote Originally Posted by LASERCD View Post
    I know the multitrack tapes for the live album were thrown away by Zytglogge.
    Ackkkkkk

Why would they do such a thing?

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

That live album ain't no Circus live album at all, by the way. Only the last track is alive rendition of Movin' on (using a different name).

The concerts where a promotion tour for swiss rock with musicians from about a douzend bands. The "new" songs aren't really Circus songs
    (although they where involved). Circus were just the band this was all based around.

Progstreaming-webmaster Sunhillow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LASERCD View Post
    I know the multitrack tapes for the live album were thrown away by Zytglogge. Not sure if the stereo master tapes exist any longer. Maybe Vicky can find out.
    Wow, horrid. Prog-nightmare!