Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Steven Wilson "To The Bone" Fall US/Canada Tour

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by relayer35 View Post
    Any word on presale passwords, specifically Port Chester?
    The regular sale has somehow changed from starting today at 10am to starting tomorrow at noon. WTF? Nothing about a presale yet, but there probably is one that I'm missing because SW's team never sends out emails. Oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    The regular sale has somehow changed from starting today at 10am to starting tomorrow at noon. WTF? Nothing about a presale yet, but there probably is one that I'm missing because SW's team never sends out emails. Oh well...
    Wilson tweeted a link to his website that has presale codes for the shows that have them. Port Chester apparently isn’t having a presale even though the ticket page has a box for an offer code.
    Last edited by schlongasaurus; 08-02-2018 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by schlongasaurus View Post
    Wilson tweeted a link to his website that has presale codes for the shows that have them. Port Chester apparently isn’t having a presale even though the ticket page has a box for an offer code.
    Thanks. Some of us OLDER fans don’t use Twitter, Steve! Use your label’s damned mailing list!

He's also announced a second leg of Europe, which looks like it'll take place right after the US dates, so I doubt he'll be adding any more US ones for now.

The Europe dates are pretty packed together, but it's a long tour, and again it looks like cities not played on the first leg, and some surprising omissions (The Netherlands.)

Makes me wonder if he's also planning a return leg for us here in the UK, but he covered most of the major towns/venues, so it'll be interesting to see what happens.

And if you can't make any of the new dates, there's always the RAH bluray coming out just before Xmas.

Thanks. Some of us OLDER fans don’t use Twitter, Steve! Use your label’s damned mailing list!
    He's aiming at a younger fanbase, as has been established, and youngsters use the Twitters and the Googles. Not notifying the mailing list could be The Purge of the older fans.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    He's aiming at a younger fanbase, as has been established, and youngsters use the Twitters and the Googles. Not notifying the mailing list could be The Purge of the older fans.
    I wonder how many of the youngin's buy those expensive art book special edition box sets though.....

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Yeah, it did occur to me, yet he requests our email addresses on his site. Or maybe it's just his old-school, dinosaur label that's doing so.

"For hip specials on our live music concert happenings, send a smoke signal or morse code message to me, daddy-o! I promise I'll be waiting by the phone!"

For standing room GA shows, having presale codes I would think would be irrelevant, since you're not choosing seats. Unless you're concerned that the show will sell out quickly I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by DocProgger View Post
    For standing room GA shows, having presale codes I would think would be irrelevant, since you're not choosing seats. Unless you're concerned that the show will sell out quickly I guess.
    At the Boston House of Blues there is a small reserved seating balcony section. I snagged a few of those on presale this morning so it was worth it for that. Only $30 a piece. There is a vip section that is $185 a piece and not surprisingly not many of those went this morning.

At the Boston House of Blues there is a small reserved seating balcony section. I snagged a few of those on presale this morning so it was worth it for that. Only $30 a piece. There is a vip section that is $185 a piece and not surprisingly not many of those went this morning.
    Well yeah, then it makes sense if there are seats available. I was talking about Standing room GA only shows, which there appear to be quite a few on this tour, like the one in Nashville that I checked out. But I saw that some have said a few posts back that some of these presales have standing GA available only and seats aren't part of the presale, which goes to my original point.

btw, $30 is amazingly cheap for a concert in a big city like Boston!
    Last edited by DocProgger; 08-02-2018 at 12:11 PM.

I almost miss the old days of lining up to buy concert tickets instead of presale codes,outrageous Ticketmaster fees and vip nonsense. Almost.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Only seeing seats over $100 now, I'll pass.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

At the risk of beating a dead horse...... As I wrote yesterday about the Dallas presale. HOB Dallas has a GA floor and a seated balcony. But only GA tickets were available at presale. I tried calling HOB and the box office option connected you to TicketMaster. My only hope is that the balcony seats go on sale tomorrow with the general sale.

It sort of defeats the logic of a presale if it's only for GA tickets. Someone buying a ticket the day of the show has the same ticket you do.

I actually received an email with a link to this page which includes presage info:

http://stevenwilsonhq.com/sw/bone-to...UK12421-571831

Quote Originally Posted by jberq View Post
    At the risk of beating a dead horse...... As I wrote yesterday about the Dallas presale. HOB Dallas has a GA floor and a seated balcony. But only GA tickets were available at presale. I tried calling HOB and the box office option connected you to TicketMaster. My only hope is that the balcony seats go on sale tomorrow with the general sale.

It sort of defeats the logic of a presale if it's only for GA tickets. Someone buying a ticket the day of the show has the same ticket you do.
    I guess theoretically a show could sell out before the general sale begins.

Absolutely true...... but why exclude the actual seats in the venue?

^^^ Because 'presales' are often a marketing scam. Very often they are there to trick avid fans into buying less desirable tickets than they might have got if they waited until the general sale opens.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve983 View Post
    ^^^ Because 'presales' are often a marketing scam. Very often they are there to trick avid fans into buying less desirable tickets than they might have got if they waited until the general sale opens.
    BINGO! They also gauge interest in the event, especially if other dates are a possibility to schedule.

Hmmmmm..... well that kinda sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Steve983 View Post
    That's what happened to me with the last SW show in NYC. Fortunately the one in Port Chester has no presale.

That's what happened to me with the last SW show in NYC. Fortunately the one in Port Chester has no presale.
    They're protecting you from yourself.
    Last edited by DocProgger; 08-03-2018 at 12:39 AM.

Seating available for Boston HOB show now----4th row stadium seating----Citibank CC needed.

Regular sale has begun at HOB Dallas and only GA tickets are being sold to general public. Guess that means the only people who will be allowed to sit in the balcony seats will have to be in line SUPER early. Maybe this is SW's attempt to screw the scalpers?

★★★★★ (305K+)
    Steven Wilson
    Wed 12/19 @ 7pm House of Blues Dallas presented by Cricket Wireless, Dallas, TX

Please note Doors open at 7:00 PM.
    Show starts at 8:00 PM.
    This is an All Ages Event.

Scheduled Support:
    TBA

For VIP table seating, please contact HOBDallasVIP@LiveNation.com.

Online sales will close at 7:00 PM on the day of the event.
    To purchase tickets on the day of the event after 7:00 PM, please visit the House of Blues Box Office at the venue located at 2200 North Lamar Street in Dallas.
    All sales are subject to availability at the time of purchase.
    Ticket prices are subject to increase the day of the show.
    Support acts are subject to change without notice.
    Date Wed 12/19 @ 7pm
    Venue House of Blues Dallas presented by Cricket WirelessDallas, TX
    Event Info

General Admission Only

Doors open at 7:00 PM.
    Show starts at 8:00 PM.
    This is an All Ages Event.

Scheduled Support:
    TBA

For VIP table seating, please contact HOBDallasVIP@LiveNation.com.

Online sales will close at 7:00 PM on the day of the event.
    To purchase tickets on the day of the event after 7:00 PM, please visit the House of Blues Box Office at the venue located at 2200 North Lamar Street in Dallas.
    All sales are subject to availability at the time of purchase.
    Ticket prices are subject to increase the day of the show.
    Support acts are subject to change without notice.
    Looking for a place to sit? Become a VIP. Click here for more information.
    Lineup

Steve WilsonSteve Wilson

Ticket Limits

There is an overall 8 ticket limit for this event.

Accessible Tickets

To better accommodate your needs, House of Blues Dallas has requested that all special seating accommodations be solicited only through their representatives. Please contact a House of Blues Dallas representative for further help with your ticket purchase.* Advance ticket purchase may be required.

* Box office information is subject to change.

Telephone Number(s):Main Number, for Box Office and Dinner Reservations: (214) 978-BLUE (2583).

Service Hours:Regular Hours - Window
    Mon - Sat 10am to 7pm
    Sunday 9am to 7pm

Day of Show - Window
    Mon - Sat 10am to end of show
    Sunday 9am to end of show

Doors Open 1 hour before showtime

Actually just spoke to HOB-Dallas box office. I was told balcony seats will not be available unless they sell-out GA on the floor. Now just how F-ing stupid is that?