Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Steven Wilson "To The Bone" Fall US/Canada Tour

Looks like the Nashville venue is a standing room only industrial bar room that holds 1000. Show is on a Mon night also, so I am probably out this round.

People in Texas should be happy, 3 shows, and like someone mentioned, he probably will hit more areas out west from there. I saw both the different setlists on the first leg in Chicago and Milwaukee, so can't complain, although I would have liked to have seen Ninet live again like I did last tour.
    Last edited by DocProgger; 07-30-2018 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DocProgger View Post
    People in Texas should be happy, 3 shows
    5 in Florida! He must have been reading the thread about all the festivals moving there.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Boston HOB is about twice the capacity of Berklee, where I saw him in April.
    Ok, SOME of the venues are smaller, and seated or mostly seated. Anyway, it was SEAN who said they're smaller first!
    "Of course you are allowed to trumpet your profound ignorance by disagreeing with me." -- Facelift

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Remind us how you differ from that.
    Robert probably has lots of 3rDegree shirts that fit just fine.
    "Of course you are allowed to trumpet your profound ignorance by disagreeing with me." -- Facelift

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Boston House Of Blues is a large all standing venue, I'd be very surprised if he filled it.
    Porcupine Tree sold out the House of Blues on the Incident tour.

Quote Originally Posted by marblesmike View Post

It's also double the capacity of the Keswick (1300 vs 2500), so despite the bitter proggers' wishes, it looks like he's playing some bigger venues.
    You can fit a lot more people in if they are standing. Of course, if he's trying to weed out the old "bitter" proggers from his shows, he may end up drawing a lot less, so its a double edged sword.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by schlongasaurus View Post
    Porcupine Tree sold out the House of Blues on the Incident tour.
    Cool.
    Ian

I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    He's gonna be in Vancouver BC on a Thursday. I know my daughter would love to see him.

Any word on presale passwords, specifically Port Chester?

Quote Originally Posted by relayer35 View Post
    Any word on presale passwords, specifically Port Chester?
    I haven't gotten anything, but then I didn't last tour either.

Is Port Chester seated???

Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    Is Port Chester seated???
    The loge and balcony are.

Given how annoyed I was with standing at the 9:30 Club in April, I decided to see him again at a sit-down venue in Tokyo. Yeah, I know that's kind of messed up, but my wife and I were planning to go to Tokyo this year, so I scheduled the trip for the first week of November to allow me to see him at the EX Theater in Roppongi. This will be my first concert in Japan; I'm looking forward to it. I bought the tickets, but I won't know the actual seat locations until I print the tickets using a Loppi terminal at a Lawson convenience store in Japan.

The Tobin Center in San Antonio (I'm likely going) is 800 seating.

Well, I expect it to be different! But, based on concert DVD videos from Japanese concerts that I've seen (like the UK and PFM shows last decade), I don't think it will be that unusual. I'll be very interested to see the age distribution of the audience.

Paramount show on Long Island 12/4 has first 11 rows seated then GA behind them. Citicard presale going on right now the first 6 digits of the card is the code

Quote Originally Posted by kenschwartz View Post
    For anyone considering the show in Huntington, LI, NY - the poster shows 12/3, but the venue shows 12/4
    I don't know which is correct. This is just a heads up...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator1634 View Post
    Paramount show on Long Island 12/4 has first 11 rows seated then GA behind them. Citicard presale going on right now the first 6 digits of the card is the code
    Wilson just said on Facebook that his poster is wrong - the Long Island show is indeed on 12/4.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Considering Boston if I can snag a box during tomorrow presale

Quote Originally Posted by doh View Post
    The Tobin Center in San Antonio (I'm likely going) is 800 seating.
    Looks like the Aztec not Tobin. Unless you wanna see Brian Wilson on the 17th.

Quote Originally Posted by jberq View Post
    Looks like the Aztec not Tobin. Unless you wanna see Brian Wilson on the 17th.
    Thanks! Looks like it is also now changed on Steven Wilson's website. Capacity for the Aztec is listed as 1477 although it's not clear if they will be SRO or have seating set up. It looks like the theater can have multiple layouts.

Tickets go on sale on Friday so that should clear it up.

Well just tried the Citi presale for Dallas and only General Admission available for presale. As an older guy with a couple of metal rods in his lower back standing for 2+ hours is not an option. Just need to figure out when the balcony seats go on sale.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, what's the point of GA-only presale? They anticipate selling out GA?
    Last edited by jberq; 08-01-2018 at 12:37 PM.

Good News, Grabbed 3 Tickets for the Dallas Show today. Not So Good News, Pre-Sale is GA Only, No Reserved Seats. If you don't have a Citi credit card, go to the LiveNation.com site, use the pre-sale password: WALRUS and you can get in and use any version of valid VISA card to pay. The tickets were $46 each.(including tax and fees). Hope this helps someone.

Just for comparison with earlier posts, HOB Dallas capacity is 1,750. Last time, Wislon played Dallas, he was at the Majestic Theatre - capacity 1,704.
    When he was with PT, he always seemed to end up at the HOB, where I saw them for the last time on Apr 20, 2010.

Debating over going to the NJ show or the Port Chester, NY show. Both appear to be general admission so its basically equal although Port Chester probably has better sound