Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: INXS

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic View Post
    I agree. Especially down under you just couldn't get away from them during the 'Kick' era. However, 20 plus years later I've been able to reassess them and hit on a few albums I like.
    Which albums might those be?

Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    Which albums might those be?
    As mentioned in my previous post:
    Underneath the Colors. Welcome to Wherever You Are.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic View Post
    As mentioned in my previous post:
    Underneath the Colors. Welcome to Wherever You Are.
    Sorry, my bad. You give Shabooh Shabah a chance. My dad says that he likes that one, and not any INXS cd from their successful period.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I was a big fan from Shabooh thru Thieves, but then Kick came along and wore them out for me. They were a slightly edgier version of The Fixx and less insufferable version of U2. But I was sad when I heard how Michael died - what a waste.

Auto-erotic asphixia sure has robbed rock-n-roll of some major talent; that, and sleep/vomit apnea.
    Compact Disk brought high fidelity to the masses and audiophiles will never forgive it for that

X is INXS at their best. my favorite track is 'The Stairs'

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BravadoNJ View Post
    X is INXS at their best. my favorite track is 'The Stairs'
    I heard the original version of that after I heard the re-recorded version with J.D Fortune. It's a great song. Btw, who has(or has heard) Original Sin? It's the album that INXS put out in 2010(2011 in the U.S) featuring new versions of their songs with people like Ben Harper, Rob Thomas, and Tricky. I like it, because it's great to dance to. Also glad to see that it got released on the reactivated ATCO Records label.

Banned
    Some of my fave INXS songs.

INXS is a great band from the 80's. I have all of their albums. Every year when summer hits I must play "Melting In The Sun".

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarkus View Post
    INXS is a great band from the 80's. I have all of their albums. Every year when summer hits I must play "Melting In The Sun".
    You would you rate The Swing? I saw a lot of videos from that album on VH1 Classic. So, I've wanting to get that album for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    You would you rate The Swing? I saw a lot of videos from that album on VH1 Classic. So, I've wanting to get that album for a while.
    The Swing is definitely my favorite INXS album followed by Kick, Shabooh Shoobah and Listen Like Thieves. Dekadance was an extended mix EP that I really enjoy as well. Feeling nostalgic now.

one of the greats from Aussie... X is actually my favorite album from INXS. the tracks The Stairs & Here That Sound are 2 of the best songs they did. Michael Hutchence was a great front man. kind of reminded me of Jim Morrison. last i heard INXS officially called it quits. but then without Hutchence, they weren't the same anyway. that TV show debacle to find a new singer was a joke.

PE Member since 7/14/2001 rushfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    I was a big fan from Shabooh thru Thieves, but then Kick came along and wore them out for me.
    My feelings exactly. Became a fan originally with One Thing and Don't Change. The first time I saw them was on the Swing tour, opening for the Go-Go's. The Swing remains my favorite album - the last time I saw them was on the Kick tour but the overexposure of that album put me off. I still like Devil Inside, but the rest not so much. I really need to get The Swing on CD - used to play that album every day when I worked at the record store in the 80s.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I saw INXS back-up Men at Work. INSX blew them off the stage - unknown at the time.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by BravadoNJ View Post
    one of the greats from Aussie... X is actually my favorite album from INXS. the tracks The Stairs & Here That Sound are 2 of the best songs they did. Michael Hutchence was a great front man. kind of reminded me of Jim Morrison. last i heard INXS officially called it quits. but then without Hutchence, they weren't the same anyway. that TV show debacle to find a new singer was a joke.
    Hear that Sound is without doubt my favourite INXS song !

Banned
    This song(especially the middle section) used to scare the shit out of me when I was little. I decided to follow my listening of Sports by Huey Lewis And The News with Listen Like Thieves. This is my second favorite INXS CD.

Banned
    A cool INXS instrumental.

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    Great band. I like a lot of their middle period, especially "Kick."
    Chad

Great band, loved them in the 80's and still listen to them today. I have Kick & one of the greatest hits cd's in my car. Used to play The One Thing, What You Need, and just about all of Kick in my cover bands back then.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Good luck!
    Didn't need it !! Obviously lots of love for this great 80's band

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    Can't recall this band ever being discussed or mentioned on PE , even in an 80's thread ?
    I am not surprised they have nothing to do with prog or progressive music. Great rock band though!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Progmatic View Post
    I am not surprised they have nothing to do with prog or progressive music. Great rock band though!
    There are plenty of "non-prog" bands that get discussed on PE. That's what the OT section is for.

I never said that they should not be discussed if someone wants to...but IMHO majority PErs sentiment is to discuss progressive music related topics

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Progmatic View Post
    I never said that they should not be discussed if someone wants to...but IMHO majority PErs sentiment is to discuss progressive music related topics
    Again, I direct you to the OT section. There is just as much non-prog music discussed.

Banned
    Some good ol' early INXS.

Banned

It's weird seeing Michael with short hair.