I saw the movie yesterday and had mixed feelings about it. Overall, I enjoyed it. I felt that the acting and overall atmospheric vibe were major pluses in the film. My favorite scene was the Live Aid concert simply because it brought me back to that time (actually reminded me more of the Wembley '86 show). I was immersed for a moment into that world, and it was a pleasant experience. I also enjoyed the scene where they were ripping on Roger about the "I'm In Love With My Car" song.

What I didn't care for were the historical inaccuracies or outright "lies" throughout the film. Sure, if you're a casual Queen fan, you would just presume everything stated in the film happened as told (dramatic license not withstanding). But for more knowledgeable Queen fans, they became distractions and the film became less "biopic" and more "fiction". Two examples are the "band breakup" which never happened (or not the way it was depicted at least) and the AIDS reveal (which didn't happen in 1985). One of the fall outs of the latter really depicts Freddie in a bad light. So you just learned that you have AIDS and it's at that time you seek out your partner Jim Hutton, knowing you're likely to infect anyone you're intimate with? Nice.

Ultimately, my take was this... even though they didn't present it or frame it that way in the film, the story was like one person's account of Queen from 40+ years ago, with all inaccuracies that come with one's memory recall, and no fact checking.

Queen band member: "Remember that guy Ray Foster who refused to release Bohemian Rhapsody so we stormed out, quit, and hurled a rock through his window?"

2nd band member: "Who's Ray Foster?"

And learning about how much the film was endorsed by May and Taylor, I'm curious as to why they would accept this as the story. So yes, mixed feelings.