Thread: AYREON - Into The Electric Castle 20th Anniversary boxed sets

AYREON - Into The Electric Castle 20th Anniversary boxed sets

https://usa.mascotlabelgroup.com/ayr...&utm_medium=FB

Just announced this morning, looks pretty tasty! I have the other Ayreon Earbook editions and they are quite beautiful, this one was a no-brainer for me. The really big set with the vinyl comes with a 3D cover and looks to be a nice collector's edition as well, although twice the price of the 4CD/DVD set. I'm sure there are other fans here of Ayreon and what is probably the most well known and well regarded album in that 'universe'.

Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    This box set looks pretty nice -especially the 3D thing - but the fact you have to pay for 3LPs rules it out for me.

There's also the 4-disc earbook edition, which is tempting for me... but I just don't know if I really need all of that. My favorite Ayreon set was The Human Equation, and I think it's pretty great still. Electric Castle didn't quite hit the same heights for me, but I do have fond memories of it.

Yes, the Earbook edition is the one I'm getting (actually five discs.) I have no need for the vinyl either. But the folks who do want that one are in for a treat I think!

I have The Source and Ayreon Universe Earbooks and both are gorgeous. So much cool artwork to enjoy, for those of us who like to geek out about the world of Ayreon.

Also of interest to me with this new Electric Castle is Arjen's remix. I'll be hanging on to my original of course, but I had to get this. I love this stuff.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

This and to an even greater extent The Human Equation and The Source are all great albums (obligatory imho).
    'The smell of strange colours are heard everywhere'- Threshold

Just bumping this up as it is now January 2019! Has anyone received their copy????? They sent out a lame e-mail in November delaying shipping because of the holiday season??? I guess 1500 box sets will bring the Dutch Mail to a grinding halt.

Or....they are using the same Mailing Company that PROG Magazine uses.....Just received my November 2018 issue #93 yesterday.

Its Great living here at the far end of the planet......
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    This box set looks pretty nice -especially the 3D thing - but the fact you have to pay for 3LPs rules it out for me.
    What the hell would you do with that thing?

I'd only be interested in the 5.1 mix.
    Chad

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    Just bumping this up as it is now January 2019! Has anyone received their copy?????
    I assume you're talking about the big vinyl edition? I got my 5-disc Earbook months ago... and even the replacement DVD arrived in December.

I received my 5 disc edition in early December as well.

I'm in the worst place for mail, Winnipeg, MB

Just to put this to bed......My box set arrived today here in Washington State. Time to spin some vinyl. You know.....$124.99 last July seemed like a good idea......In January......not so much.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    Just to put this to bed......My box set arrived today here in Washington State. Time to spin some vinyl. You know.....$124.99 last July seemed like a good idea......In January......not so much.
    Fondle the package more!