Thread: OT: All Starr Band American Dates

OT: All Starr Band American Dates

USA Leg and current members...................

http://www.ringostarr.com/news/ringo...tarr-band-tour

So, no Richard Page (from Mr. Mister) and no Todd Rundgren.

I've never understood why Gregg Rolie doesn't do any Journey tunes? Is it a contractual thing?
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    So, no Richard Page (from Mr. Mister) and no Todd Rundgren.

I've never understood why Gregg Rolie doesn't do any Journey tunes? Is it a contractual thing?
    I saw the band you mention with Page and Rundgren.......................Page was awesome; Rundgren, not so much.
    I've also seen Colin Hay and he is (surprisingly) very good.

Good question on the Journey tunes......................but I do know that the Santana tunes this band plays were written by Rolie.

I've seen the Page and Rundgren bands, too, and I agree with your assessment. Although, "Bang on the Drum" was pretty fun.

I've never seen Colin Hay, but I've heard that his solo shows are fantastic.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I'm completely ok with them not doing any Steve Perry era Journey.

I'm plenty good with Graham Gouldman and Colin Hay stepping in, should be fun (which is what Ringo's All Stars is are about).

I've seen the Page and Rundgren bands, too, and I agree with your assessment. Although, "Bang on the Drum" was pretty fun.

I've never seen Colin Hay, but I've heard that his solo shows are fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by progholio View Post

I'm plenty good with Graham Gouldman and Colin Hay stepping in, should be fun (which is what Ringo's All Stars is are about).
    I saw Colin Hay in the All Starr band with Paul Carrack, John Waite, and Sheila E......................all were terrific.

Quote Originally Posted by progholio View Post
    I was hoping for some "That's the Same Way."

Not a deal-breaker or anything. The show I saw was a lot of fun.

And they've got Warren Ham, the frontman of prog-era Bloodrock. Don't suppose he'll do "Thank You Daniel Ellsberg."

I'd like to take the family, but the band doesn't thrill me. Maybe I got spoiled on the first tour.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by bRETT View Post
    And they've got Warren Ham, the frontman of prog-era Bloodrock. Don't suppose he'll do "Thank You Daniel Ellsberg."
    I was in Dallas in High School when Bloodrock (Ft. Worth) was very popular.
    Warren Ham is a top-shelf musician and will be adding whatever the band needs................woodwinds/keyboards/percussion/backing vox.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    I'd like to take the family, but the band doesn't thrill me. Maybe I got spoiled on the first tour.
    It has been my experience (four different tours) that every one of the All Starr Band line-ups and shows are outstanding.
    It is because the format allows five great musicians (in addition to Ringo) to shine -- and they always do.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDrummer View Post
    I was in Dallas in High School when Bloodrock (Ft. Worth) was very popular.
    Warren Ham is a top-shelf musician and will be adding whatever the band needs................woodwinds/keyboards/percussion/backing vox.

It has been my experience (four different tours) that every one of the All Starr Band line-ups and shows are outstanding.
    It is because the format allows five great musicians (in addition to Ringo) to shine -- and they always do.
    I went to school at a D-FW school. We were in 6th grade. We believed that if four of us held hands and listened to the entire Bloodrock-DOA song that someone nearby would die in an auto accident. We did it twice, got scared before the song ended, and so we broke the circle to stop the auto accident. We really scared ourselves shitless. Ouija board moments...

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDrummer View Post
    No doubt. Like I stated, I'm spoiled by that first tour lineup. I could certainly do without Colin Hay. None of the band is a deal-breaker, though.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Just bought four tickets to take the family. Just under $500.00