Page 394 of 394 FirstFirst ... 294344384390391392393394
Results 9,826 to 9,828 of 9828

Thread: Movies - Take Two. Action!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    We just watched The Conversation (1974) for the first time. I know it got a lot of acclaim but neither of us had seen it before. Like a lot of older films, it takes a while to get going and for a while there's a party which doesn't seem to advance the plot...until it does. Then things get intense and I did not forecast where the plot was going, but it's a pretty good twist and a bittersweet ending. 10 out of 10 listening devices.
    Tour de force. Just one more example why the '70s are arguably cinema's greatest decade (note I said "arguably).

"The Conversation" is great.... I also give credit to directors who write their own story/script. Ingmar Bergman wrote a ton, too.. Speaking of Gene Hackman, I'm surprised a movie like "Scarecrow" isn't known by many in the movie communities I'm in. Hackman just won an Oscar from "The French Connection" and Pacino just made "The Godfather" and thought it would make a retrospective comeback, with younger people looking things up on YouTube - a great source for some great movies that might not have been popular... I prefer the 1930-70s, but tired of the "classics", and trying to find dialogue-heavy character movies. Not sure why I usually love 60s Eastern European movies.

Quote Originally Posted by MortSahlFan View Post
    I'm surprised a movie like "Scarecrow" isn't known by many in the movie communities I'm in. Hackman just won an Oscar from "The French Connection" and Pacino just made "The Godfather" and thought it would make a retrospective comeback, with younger people looking things up on YouTube - a great source for some great movies that might not have been popular...
    Scarecrow is a good one. Richard Lynch is in that, too.